Got my license and tag for 2015 yesterday.

plumbertom
plumbertom
The river here through town looks accessible today so I may just run down and see if any of them steelhead that moved through the falls over the past week are hanging out nearby.

S
Steel4life
If your looking for table fair, the town ( Eugene ) won't have much to offer, most of those fish are heading for lower tribes above the falls. But if your looking for fun, use bait, and bright colors. Plenty of hold over from last years run. With that said I prefer my ultra light with 4lb test, hold over fish don't fight very well. Lol I have heard rumors of a few winters going to fall creek less then 100 all season. And in the past ten years me and my dad have caught a hand full of winters on the willy, but they've all been in April and march when more fish have came over the falls. Best bet would be the slaw, or alsea. I believe those are the 2 closest coastal rivers with hatchery winters.

plumbertom
plumbertom
Steel4life said:
Best bet would be the slaw, or alsea. I believe those are the 2 closest coastal rivers with hatchery winters.
Probably but I can't just jump in the truck and be at a fishing spot in 10 minutes on either of those.

plumbertom
plumbertom
I effectively proved that I could fall on my butt in the mud repeatedly and not much else.

S
Steel4life
I understand the distance and time restaints. Sorry to hear about the falling in mud. I fell on a log I was climbing over flat on my chest. Saved the pole but not my dignity. But if you have a bike you can throw in the back of your vehicle, park at vrc, and hop on the bike and stop everywhere that looks good. Very good way to fish the town run during the season. But it sucks riding with 2-3 fish. Especially if you've rode 10miles or so away

plumbertom
plumbertom
Steel4life said:
I understand the distance and time restaints. Sorry to hear about the falling in mud. I fell on a log I was climbing over flat on my chest. Saved the pole but not my dignity. But if you have a bike you can throw in the back of your vehicle, park at vrc, and hop on the bike and stop everywhere that looks good. Very good way to fish the town run during the season. But it sucks riding with 2-3 fish. Especially if you've rode 10miles or so away
That sounds like a great idea, except I am unable to ride a bicycle due to a wreck that broke my back and shattered my pelvis. Unfortunately they do not allow me to take my motorcycle on the bike paths.