Going crabbing in the AM

F
flocaster
Headed out of Newport in the morning aboard the Pacific Rose for a few days crabbing. See you all when I get back!

• Pacific Rose heads for open water.jpg
  • image(7).jpg
Irishrover
Irishrover
Have a safe trip, and come back with lots of crab!

jamisonace
jamisonace
I've always wanted to do that. A nurse in Eugene I know owns a boat and I've always thought I should ask if I can tag along sometime as free labor.

F
flocaster
Didn't make it out today do to boat issues but we got her fixed and were heading out tomorrow :thumb:

E
eugene1
Sounds like a very cool opportunity!

Let us know how it goes.

F
flocaster
eugene1 said:
Sounds like a very cool opportunity!

Let us know how it goes.

Will do, hoping to have at least a few pics to share when I get back. And ya, I'm pretty excited...I'll be the 4th generation in my family to have done it.

F
flocaster
Well we made it out thursday morning and fished 22 hours straight through til friday. The action is slow this season with plenty of females and just shorts but on the up side, the price was up to $9.50 a lb so we still did pretty well. Looks like they may want me to stay on full time starting early next month just in time to wrap up crabbing and get ready for salmon! And tuna after that! lol

Last edited:
S
Steel4life
How did you get that opportunity, I have been trying to find some like that for 3years. Last year I almost got on with a salmon boat in Alaska, but a week before my scheduled flight I was called and told the crewman that said he was leaving decided to stay.. Sounds like a lot of fun and hard work

F
flocaster
Steel4life said:
How did you get that opportunity, I have been trying to find some like that for 3years. Last year I almost got on with a salmon boat in Alaska, but a week before my scheduled flight I was called and told the crewman that said he was leaving decided to stay.. Sounds like a lot of fun and hard work

I got lucky and my brother in-law works on the boat and knew I was interested. I've been waiting a few months but one of their guys is going to Alaska so a spot opened up. It is hard work but it's a blast :D

Irishrover
Irishrover
Nice pictures. I hope you land the job.

F
flocaster
Irishrover said:
Nice pictures. I hope you land the job.

Thanks! Gotta ask tho..pun intended? lol

Irishrover
Irishrover
flocaster said:
Thanks! Gotta ask tho..pun intended? lol
Well sort of, fish talk at a minimum.;)

F
flocaster
Well it looks like the job is mine, I start next week :)

Irishrover
Irishrover
Fantastic.