Fly swap ( 1st of 2011)

B
bigsteel
eggs said:
Hahahahahaha dave has that pattern down..

bat fly it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B
bigsteel
Growbug said:
I'll swap steelie flies for carp ones.

Okay Growbug is out of the swap:lol::lol::lol:

G
Growbug
bigsteel said:
Okay Growbug is out of the swap:lol::lol::lol:

You misunderstand, if i every find myself with a carp fly, i will most definitely swap it for a steelie fly any day.

B
bigsteel
Growbug said:
You misunderstand, if i every find myself with a carp fly, i will most definitely swap it for a steelie fly any day.

OK good,i knew you were a good man

E
eggs
So do you want us to post up our fly we are going to tie or just send them in mystery style??

F
FishFinger
eggs said:
So do you want us to post up our fly we are going to tie or just send them in mystery style??

Feel free to post images independently, when they are all together I'll do a group shot prior to mailing them back.

M
mrlindeman
Sorry guys I have to back outa this one. I will just gift some flies to whomever when I get more hooks and stuff.

F
FishFiddle
Seriously, I was thinking of doing a batwing emerger. OK? I really like that pattern.

F
FishFinger
mrlindeman said:
Sorry guys I have to back outa this one. I will just gift some flies to whomever when I get more hooks and stuff.

No worries, thanks for the heads up early in the swap.

J
joesnuffy
I haven't even thought about what fly to tie up......... I'm thinking a nymph of some sort. Maybe something I've never tied before.....

Irishrover
Irishrover
joesnuffy said:
I haven't even thought about what fly to tie up......... I'm thinking a nymph of some sort. Maybe something I've never tied before.....
If it is anything like you tied last time I'm sure it will be great!

I think I might go with the beadhead bunny leech. I like that fly because you can either use it for trout or steelhead.

F
FishFinger
20 , we are down to 10 folks. I'm updating important swap info on the first page of the thread.

After watching MLT steal my design the other day, all I could do was drink and lament on how he would do such a thing; as I watched him tie them up. They are beautiful bugs!

So I have bagged the notion of olive spinner duns till we hold a dry fly swap. I set my sights on the "perfect caddis pupa" variant. With a name like, I have a high standard to meet. Four more to tie and I'm done.. Picts to follow.

M
Markcanby
Is this for people that tie only cause I would like to trade soem of my Ebay Copper Johns.

M
meluvtrout
FishFinger said:
20 , we are down to 10 folks. I'm updating important swap info on the first page of the thread.

After watching MLT steal my design the other day, all I could do was drink and lament on how he would do such a thing; as I watched him tie them up. They are beautiful bugs!

So I have bagged the notion of olive spinner duns till we hold a dry fly swap. I set my sights on the "perfect caddis pupa" variant. With a name like, I have a high standard to meet. Four more to tie and I'm done.. Picts to follow.

I was done till Mr Jealous here decided to steal my supreme design! :) Now, I have my eyes on a different pupa! If only I can find the right materials! Does anyone have bike tubing, but clear?

J
joesnuffy
Markcanby said:
Is this for people that tie only cause I would like to trade soem of my Ebay Copper Johns.

Using flies that you bought kinda defeats the purpose. If you want to be in you should tie your own. sorry.

I'm up to 12 flies done....... i could finish today if I don't get lazy :p

M
Markcanby
joesnuffy said:
Using flies that you bought kinda defeats the purpose. If you want to be in you should tie your own. sorry.

Im sorry I missed the part in the POST that said HAND TIED. As for DEFEATING the PURPOSE I thought it was to share your favorite fly with others. I would tie my own but with work 3 kids, a bird dog, an reloading I hardly time to fish much less tie. Not to mention I get my flys for under 10$ a dozen.

Keep your HAND TIED flys an I will keep buying mine.

O
OnTheFly
Markcanby said:
I get my flys for under 10$ a dozen.

Dude...Do the Copper Johns come with that fly box you keep them in?

Last edited:
S
steelhead_slayer
i'm on the fence about joining. i've never done a fly swap before. is it too late?

M
Markcanby
OnTheFly said:
Dude...Do the Copper Johns come with that fly box you keep them in?

Depends were they in the $5 ebay plain box or the $10 ebay sealed box.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
growbug said:
i'm in... I'll do a krystal meth olive bugger... Its just like otf's krystal olive, but this one then sells everything it can get its hand on, just to get something to bite.

rofl!