fly fishing bass

J
joem
i dont know very much about flyfishing for anything but frogs haha. but i was out fishing for frogs yesterday just messing around trying to get a big from attacking the "fly" on video and i let the "fly" sink to much and had a huge bass probably 4 or 5 lbs slam the "fly". i have fly in "" because all it is is some orenge yarn i tied to a 3/0 hook. but i had the barb down so i could let the frogs go, and this bass hit and took off peeling line. going to try it again soon cause she is on a bed about 4 ft off the bank and she looks big so im going to try and get a picture of her. anyways, any one know of any good flys that i could possibly tie? i have tied a few and might go try them soon.

T
tomriker
somthing that looks like a dragonfly

S
steelhead_slayer
mouse patterns have worked for me

brandon4455
brandon4455
chartreuse rabbit strip divers and something with a heavy conehead and a rabbit body in olive,black or purple.

J
john montana
I am not really a bass fisherman, but I caught a few on the fly on my last carp outing:
a2c98cba.jpg
I was fishing big bunny leeches...just think a heavy bead chain or sculpin head with a body and tail of rabbit...seemed to do the trick for me. I was fishing this stuff:
f2715270.jpg
Again, I am not a great bass guy, but they did the trick for me...simple to tie and the bass ate em.
fd0df610.jpg
Good luck!