Fishing this time a year?

A
atgibson88
i've never been to cougar was wondering if it is fishable this time of year/ and if it is is it any good? headed over there this saturday from bend i think, unless there is something better that is not to much farther away. would appreciate some advice. thanks

R
rippin fish lips
atgibson88 said:
i've never been to cougar was wondering if it is fishable this time of year/ and if it is is it any good? headed over there this saturday from bend i think, unless there is something better that is not to much farther away. would appreciate some advice. thanks

Would only hit it if u had a boat to troll for trout. It's low, but pretty sure they are focusing on filling it now.

A
atgibson88
ok thanks anywhere that you know for decent to good bank fishing?

Troutski
Troutski
Blue River Res is down but bank angling is doable. Also Hills Creek res, near Oakridge...

Chuck

troutdude
troutdude
Aren't there any lakes open in the Bend area?

G
grampa ron
I don't think you could launch a boat at Cougar. I have fished it in the winter and done well. You just need to walk down the banks, see if you can find a place where a stream runs in.

A
atgibson88
troutdude there are lakes in bend area they are either frozen or snow makes it where you can't get to them.

A
atgibson88
thanks grampa ron thats what i was planning on. what did you catch the fish with when you did well?

T
TTFishon
Copper and chrome Thomas spoons would be my lure of choice. 1/16 and 1/8th oz.

A
atgibson88
i'll pick up a couple of those. ill let you all know how i do. thank you all for your input really helps!

T
TTFishon
Another great lure is a gold Little Cleo. Good luck and I'm looking forward to your report.