Fish in their Ghillie suits

F
fixyourdns
Was at the lake the 11-14 and could not find a fish one…. I have the boat I have the pole… now I need to figure out how to trick them on the hook…:(

troutdude
troutdude
Were you chasing browns? Trolling? Still fishing?

F
fixyourdns
Trolling..

New to this hole fishing thing.... going to try Green Peter this weekend...

Troutski
Troutski
If you have never been to GP let me give you some helpful advice, as you leave the ramp cove pick out a land mark to find your way back... that lake is very large and the coves all look the same.
It is a very productive lake for Kokes and Trout alike, try trolling a wedding-ring tipped with a crawler; using a banana weight in the 1 - 2 oz range. Tons of fish, hooking them isn't hard; getting them to the net - frustrating.
Best of luck and tight lines..

Chuck

PC130012.jpg

Reactions: TTFishon
troutdude
troutdude
X 2.

And my favorite wedding ring color, for trout, is a body (beads) that is one-half black and one-half green. But, it never hurts to try the old standby hot pink color too.

BTW, if you'd like to have some company with someone who has fished that lake a bit--I may be available to join you. I've got a LOT of trolling gear too; and am most willing to share.

troutdude
troutdude
P.S. It is most wise, to start EARLY on Green Peter. There is almost always, a strong wind that kicks up everyday about 9:30 or 10:00. It doesn't mess up the fishing too badly (usually). But, it can be a LONG and WET ride back to the ramp.

F
fixyourdns
thanks and hope this week end works out better... after trip to suttle back wheel seal went out should get it back together this week.... My truck is more of a money pit then the boat

B
bernduffy
Great...I'm about to spend a week near Suttle and all you guys are talking about is Green Peter...! Anyone have any advice for Suttle Lake fishing? Was there last year and caught one small brown on a fly. Would like to try for kokanee, too.

BTW: I never had the wind come up before 11 on GP...but when it does...wow. Nobody's idea of fun. I hustle near shore and still fish for trout.

Dang...now I'm hijacking my own post about not hijacking posts...troutski and pat : bad influences...