First fish!

P
pinstriper
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Damn buddy, making me feel bad. You'll never be in a boat of mine without a heater again, bud!

Just playin' a fish, Tanner.

I did, however learn my lesson and went out Sunday and spent a month's rent on real rain gear.

D
DrTheopolis
Whenever I'm taking a float trip (or heaven forbid someone talks me into an ocean trip), I make it a point to grossly overdress. A lot easier to be too hot and strip a layer than to put stuff on and try and warm up.

My buddy's Alumaweld has a propane heater plumbed in. And I don't think either the heater or the tank has been in the boat for at least a couple of years (although the gas hose remains)... you're expected to be properly dressed (and there's probably an extra set of raingear under the seat).

O
OnTheDrop
He was adequately dressed. It just absolutely DOWNPOURED. Even myself, who has good gear, got wet.

But yes, always a good idea to overdue it!

D
DrTheopolis
Brings back memories of 3(?) years ago, sitting in a driftboat in Trask tidewater for fall Chinook. The storm dumped 3" of rain in the few hours we were out. All 3 of us had raingear, and it was absolutely useless. The 50+ MPH winds (we kind of tucked up against a steep bank to avoid the worst of it) and the heavy rains made it through every opening in our raingear, and all 3 of us were soaked head-to-toe. Put it this way -- it rained so much in that short time that we actually had to bail the boat, since it was sitting noticeably deeper than when we started. But it was fairly warm that day, so not too uncomfortable... and right when the storm really got to raging, I caught a nice nook. So it was a good day.