Fall Creek bound

M
mikeg
Hello

Anybody been fishing up Fall Creek lately? Just wondering how the fishing is on the creek? Is it worth the drive from Salem?

hobster
hobster
Haven't been there this year but it can be a lot of fun fishing up there. You should check ODFW as to when it was/will be stocked. There are natives and I've seen steelhead in there on more than one occasion. I'd say its worth it, but then again i'd rather hit the Mac if you can.

M
mikeg
Sorry what is the Mac?

L
lilsalmon
The Mckenzie....

M
mikeg
Thanks for the info guys, wish me luck :)

W
wozniasm
Luck! Let us know how you did!

J
JeannaJigs
It's a nice stream, but ODFW has slacked off on their stocking and may or may not have stocked it. There have been a few lakes that are listed as stocked, that have definitely not been stocked as we found them completely barren less than 2 weeks after allegedly being stocked. The mckenzie has for sure been stocked with what seems like a million 10" trout though. Good luck either way, fall creek is a fun stream.

M
mikeg
It is a nice stream, running nice and clear but didn't catch any fish nor did I see anybody with fish. We fished about 2 miles of stream up from dolly campground.

T
Throbbit _Shane
We caught a few trout in the reservoir yesterday trolling. Only one looked to be a hold over.

T
Ttrolling
The stream below the dam is producing a few jack steelhead in the range of 14" - 17" and lots of small (10") cuthroat. I saw people drifting small chunks of nightcrawlers in the evening. Nice clear, low water.

R
rippin fish lips
:think:
ttrolling said:
the stream below the dam is producing a few jack steelhead in the range of 14" - 17"

hmmm:think::think::think::think::confused::confused::confused: