Clackamas Coho?

‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
Anybody having any luck on the clackamas?i’ve been fishing high rocks all month avoiding 50+ people daily at the bowling alley hole flossing it up, but no hookups in about 7 trips on eggs, jigs, blue fox, and beads. also heard about some fall chinook in the system. in the future, I will be trying Riverside Park, then probably Carver and may be around in Eagle Creek, but I haven’t fished that area much. any tips would be much appreciated! thanks

305to503fishermen
305to503fishermen
I have been trying my luck too, at the mouth. The only success i have seen are the flosser. Anyone trying to actually fish has not caught a fish. I have gone 3 times now.

I wish i had some advice but Coho are notoriously lock jawed on the clack.

‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
305to503fishermen said:
I have been trying my luck too, at the mouth. The only success i have seen are the flosser. Anyone trying to actually fish has not caught a fish. I have gone 3 times now.

I wish i had some advice but Coho are notoriously lock jawed on the clack.
yeah i was there today from 6:00 to 12:30 and I saw about 25 flossed and one on a blue fox

D
Davpot
As you know, salmon can be sensitive to water levels and temps. Darned Fish!

C
coffmjos
Hoping to revive this thread. Anyone have any luck yet? I've been hitting Cross Park pretty regularly after work for 1-2 hours. I know it's a little lower than I need to be but it's so damn convenient for me. Thinking about exploring Barton this afternoon since I read the fish are more upstream at the moment. Will there be a new wave of coho beginning at the mouth soon? Sorry for all the newbie questions, i'm pretty new to salmon/steelhead.

‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
coffmjos said:
Hoping to revive this thread. Anyone have any luck yet? I've been hitting Cross Park pretty regularly after work for 1-2 hours. I know it's a little lower than I need to be but it's so damn convenient for me. Thinking about exploring Barton this afternoon since I read the fish are more upstream at the moment. Will there be a new wave of coho beginning at the mouth soon? Sorry for all the newbie questions, i'm pretty new to salmon/steelhead.
i’m kind of a similar situation, I’ve been trying by Barton and Carver almost every weekend now on spinners and eggs with no luck. I’ve seen them jump and I know they’re in there pretty much anywhere throughout the river and I’m hoping this rain will get them going a little bit, i’m expecting a little more of a push up in the river, and I understand there’s still plenty holding by the mouth.

Reactions: coffmjos
C
coffmjos
‘TroutMaster said:
i’m kind of a similar situation, I’ve been trying by Barton and Carver almost every weekend now on spinners and eggs with no luck. I’ve seen them jump and I know they’re in there pretty much anywhere throughout the river and I’m hoping this rain will get them going a little bit, i’m expecting a little more of a push up in the river, and I understand there’s still plenty holding by the mouth.
Ditto. Went to Barton tonight. Saw same roll later in the evening. I know there’s fish in there! Just gotta keep trying I guess

‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
coffmjos said:
Ditto. Went to Barton tonight. Saw same roll later in the evening. I know there’s fish in there! Just gotta keep trying I guess
at least you got out and saw some

jamisonace
jamisonace
‘TroutMaster said:
yeah i was there today from 6:00 to 12:30 and I saw about 25 flossed and one on a blue fox
I'm curious what you mean by flossed. What is their technique that makes you think they are flossing?

‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
jamisonace said:
I'm curious what you mean by flossed. What is their technique that makes you think they are flossing?
large 9’ leaders, extra heavy weight, no real bait(corky with yarn, plain corky, etc.) and extra long drifts. i’m sure out of the 50 to 70 people sitting on the bank There were some that were legitimately trying to fish ethically, but most of them could be observed as flossers.

jamisonace
jamisonace
‘TroutMaster said:
large 9’ leaders, extra heavy weight, no real bait(corky with yarn, plain corky, etc.) and extra long drifts. i’m sure out of the 50 to 70 people sitting on the bank There were some that were legitimately trying to fish ethically, but most of them could be observed as flossers.
That must be quite the site to see 50 people casting 9' leaders with 2 ounces of weight. We're they using giant bare treble hooks too?

‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
jamisonace said:
That must be quite the site to see 50 people casting 9' leaders with 2 ounces of weight. We're they using giant bare treble hooks too?
no usually around size 2 to a 2/0

jamisonace
jamisonace
‘TroutMaster said:
no usually around size 2 to a 2/0
No self respecting snagger uses anything smaller than a 2/0 treble.

C
coffmjos
Trying to revive some updates. Anyone still think the clack is worth fishing? I don't care if it's wild. Ready for winter steelies but I just want to catch some fish.

Reactions: allforthefish
M
Mlindsey10
I caught this at North fork Resovoir in Estacada, anybody know if this is a coho or chinook?
Screenshot_20231111-123126_Gallery.jpg

S
Snopro
Chinook jack

Reactions: rogerdodger
trout ninja
trout ninja
Mlindsey10 said:
I caught this at North fork Resovoir in Estacada, anybody know if this is a coho or chinook?View attachment 640336
That fishery is closed be careful my friend it opens back up in May

M
Mlindsey10
trout ninja said:
That fishery is closed be careful my friend it opens back up in May
That's good to know. Thank you. This was a couple weeks ago before it closed, One buddy of mine says that's a coho jack and someone else said its a chinook jack, just thought id join this forum and ask around what people think.

Last edited: