Echo Carbon..

O
OnTheFly
eggs said:
Well we will see how it does on the river this weekend;)
Yeah I'd like to see that new Echo in action. What river will you be taking it to this weekend?

E
eggs
Camas slough

E
eggs
F
FlyBum
Seals, sounds like fun, I heard they're a great fight!

E
eggs
FlyBum said:

Yep a great fist fight.

Reactions: waco
L
lilsalmon
eggs said:
Well we will see how it does on the river this weekend;)

You got your Echo?

S
Sinkline
FlyBum said:

I hooked a Sea Lion once in Yaquina Bay with my 10' 7wt. Scott while fishing silvers in the bay! There was no stopping him and I was just thankful my backing knot held and I didn't lose my fly line when I finally clamped down to break him off! :shock: :lol:

Randy

Reactions: waco
E
eggs
lilsalmon said:
You got your Echo?

Yep!

And Randy do you think if i wear a life jacket and jump overboard I can get a tow to the dam or Astoria via seal?

O
OnTheFly
eggs said:
Yep!

And Randy do you think if i wear a life jacket and jump overboard I can get a tow to the dam or Astoria via seal?
Eggs, that would work if you could get a gaff into it first. Then, since the Springers are in the Willy, you'd probably get a free ride up to Oregon City, get raked through a gauntlet of hog lines, then dumped off at the base of Willamette falls.:lol:

E
eggs
OnTheFly said:
Eggs, that would work if you could get a gaff into it first. Then, since the Springers are in the Willy, you'd probably get a free ride up to Oregon City, get raked through a gauntlet of hog lines, then dumped off at the base of Willamette falls.:lol:

Will I then in turn become sturgeon bait??

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
E
eggs
Fyi the rod kicks ass loaded up with that 6wt Rio grand line.

L
lilsalmon
eggs said:
Fyi the rod kicks ass loaded up with that 6wt Rio grand line.

Sweet....I just spent 3 days on the D with my echo......first time on a real river with it and....wow.....more to come later when we get pics.

J
JeannaJigs
lilsalmon said:
sweet....i just spent 3 days on the d with my echo......first time on a real river with it and....wow.....more to come later when we get pics.

sigh.

L
lilsalmon
S
stanster
The Echo Carbonsounds like a good and popular rod. Is it a good choice for a beginner?

J
JeannaJigs
E
eggs
Absolutely... very solid and easy to cast rod.. for the money it is very very hard for me to recommend any other rod.!

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
I had a feeling you'd dig that rod, eggs. A carbon 4 weight is in my future for sure.