Eagle Creek fishing reports

D
DrTheopolis
Amen, brother.

B
bigboy70
Seriously a dipping net?! Ive stop there a few times and parking was maxed out and think to myself I'd rather go find my own spot and have a less likely chance of fish. Sorry but to me fish are bonuses I go to the river for so many more reasons I would list them but it would put you all to sleep.

T
Troutslayerjenn
Yeah my husband and I saw them in the river with just a net. One guy even tried throwing a rock at them in the shallow water. We called and reported that day.

L
LawyerBob
I hate to say it, but I saw about the same myself. For every five fish brought in, four were foul-hooked. Spent a good third of the day waiting around for snagged fish to be brought in and released so I could get back at it.

There were some biters to be had, however. Assuming you could get past/around the crowd.

D
downes157
So I have only been up to eagle creek a few times.. Anyone want to clarify where some spots are??? Looking to head up there but dont want to just be wondering.. Thanks and tight lines...

L
LawyerBob
downes157 said:
So I have only been up to eagle creek a few times.. Anyone want to clarify where some spots are??? Looking to head up there but dont want to just be wondering.. Thanks and tight lines...

This rain will likely move fish higher in the system, but people were stacked up at two log jam holes (along Eagle Creek); along the section where EC parallels the Clackamas, and also where that flows into the Clackamas again. You'd have to get wet to get to the latter two options, crossing the creek once or thrice.

Basically, anywhere the fish had some sort of cover/protection was where they were at, with slower sections of water being preferred. Good luck!