Detroit Lake bank fishing

K
Keeponfishin
I am going to Detroit tomorrow, i will be fishing from the bank ;( anyways i haven't fished there in years. i will let everyone know how it goes, and post picture of whatever i catch :)

troutdude
troutdude
Last Monday, I C&R'd about 30 'bows in the Breitenbush arm. I was at the park, a couple of miles up from Detroit (the town) toward the Hot Springs. I found 'em about 1/2 way from handicapped dock, to the ramp with the 2 white markers.

Reeling in lures and bait SLOWLY and DEEPLY along the bottom, was the secret. I got all of those fish in about 90 minutes.

Good luck.

C
chrisohm
Troutdude has the right idea. I just got the invite to join a buddy on his boat for some Detroit action tomorrow. My son is going to have a blast and I hope to have some decent pictures!! Even though we don't have a trolling motor we are going to see what we can come up with. With all the fish options there it should be interesting....

Good luck to you sir and may the fish be with you

K
Keeponfishin
Thanks i will check that out!

C
chrisohm
You may want to scout out around the North Santiam area too. Both inlets get stocked with trout and you never know what to expect!

troutdude
troutdude
chrisohm said:
You may want to scout out around the North Santiam area too. Both inlets get stocked with trout and you never know what to expect!

True dat. Up around Hoover is usually a good bet.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
A stop at Big Cliff Dam can prove exciting also. I wouldn't overlook Packsaddle, either. Let's face it, I could spend a week or more fishing up and down the Santiam and still not get to all the fish I just know are waiting for my meager OFFering...:lol:

D
duskndawn
How's the fishing on the Breitenbush right now? River still pretty high or is it flowing well enough to get a few catches in?

T
tonym
I CnRd about thirty rainbows hiking up britinbush from where the rapids start. Was fishing from about 3-8pm. It was a really good day the scenery is beautiful and it's kinda fun trying to move upstream to the next spot. I know some of you aren't up for climbing over rocks and through bushes but it feels great receiving a tight line for your efforts.