Deschutes river fly fishing

L
lilsalmon
Spent 3 days on the Deschutes with bigsteel. The first day we fished a few of our favorite spots and got into some fishes. Second and third days we floated with Brian Silvey. What a great trip! We got numerous trout and white fish. The level raised over night the first day with Brian but we still managed to get some nice fish. The second day was also good. A lot of fish, not huge in size, but very respectable. We didn't take many pics of fish but here is a few pics for your enjoyment....:D

9195686311_1af2ed5234_z.jpg

9198472172_6e2fd64fa3_z.jpg

9198471704_dcec23d305_z.jpg

9195688955_4b777c42cb_z.jpg

9198471508_2610dcc8e6_z.jpg

9198471878_dc69b7b2d1_z.jpg

W
wozniasm
Very cool!
Glad you got into some.

S
steelhead_slayer
sounds like fun. How was the weather? hot?

L
lilsalmon
steelhead_slayer said:
sounds like fun. How was the weather? hot?

Hot, yes. The good thing about not fishing from the boat is being in the water.....

T
TimberTodd
Looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing.

L
lilsalmon
Next stop.....the Crooked.

S
Spydeyrch
Glad you guys had a good time out there. :clap:

Hope to fish with you and Dave soon.

Take care you too.

-Spydey

B
bigsteel
what a great trip,tons of fish and a killer sunburn!!!!!!!

O
OnTheFly
That's a good stretch of water. One time I was there with a few other OFF members and we tried to talk Ninja (Jimmy) to bust into that old wooden trailer thing, shown in one of your pictures, and blast all the rattlesnakes with his Springfield 45. Of course he passed on the idea.

L
lilsalmon
OnTheFly said:
That's a good stretch of water. One time I was there with a few other OFF members and we tried to talk Ninja (Jimmy) to bust into that old wooden trailer thing, shown in one of your pictures, and blast all the rattlesnakes with his Springfield 45. Of course he passed on the idea.

hehe....sheesh, he's no fun! When we going to fish again?

O
OnTheFly
lilsalmon said:
hehe....sheesh, he's no fun! When we going to fish again?
Day fish or at fish camp?

L
lilsalmon
OnTheFly said:
Day fish or at fish camp?

Either, or....hehe. I just want to fish with y'all again. just need advance notice to get time off....Going to the Crooked on the 18 and 19th of this month.

Reactions: OnTheFly
J
JeannaJigs
I recall seeing these pictures on facebook but they didn't look so good on a tiny phone screen as they do on this work computer when I'm supposed to be workin'. Heh.

whatttt you're going to the crooked?! :eek: Me too.

I bet that boxcar lookin' thinger is loaded with snakes. Jeebus I hate that half of the state when it's not frozen solid.

L
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:
I recall seeing these pictures on facebook but they didn't look so good on a tiny phone screen as they do on this work computer when I'm supposed to be workin'. Heh.

whatttt you're going to the crooked?! :eek: Me too.

I bet that boxcar lookin' thinger is loaded with snakes. Jeebus I hate that half of the state when it's not frozen solid.

want to hang at the Crooked? roflmao.gif

I haven't got my flies yet but plan on it...Not a very good selection at Cabela's. Can't have fires so we will have to fake the bacon on a stick.

J
JeannaJigs
I'm doing a shakedown of my backpacking gear so...dehydrated meals and river pumped water it is. I DO have dehydrated bacon and eggs though, though that is not bacon on a stick :(

I'm gonna try to sleep in my tent but eff snakes I see one I'm locking myself in my jeep. Ava knows there is a trip coming up she saw me messing with my gear. She will be sad not to go, but its too risky, she's stupid about snakes, thinks they're play things. Will get her the rattlesnake vaccine next year, and maybe do some snake training, but I hate the idea of shocking my dog :(

L
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:
I'm doing a shakedown of my backpacking gear so...dehydrated meals and river pumped water it is. I DO have dehydrated bacon and eggs though, though that is not bacon on a stick :(

I'm gonna try to sleep in my tent but eff snakes I see one I'm locking myself in my jeep. Ava knows there is a trip coming up she saw me messing with my gear. She will be sad not to go, but its too risky, she's stupid about snakes, thinks they're play things. Will get her the rattlesnake vaccine next year, and maybe do some snake training, but I hate the idea of shocking my dog :(

I was going to leave my tent at home but decided I would rather be in there than sleeping with spiders....hehe...what a pair

J
JeannaJigs
We are so sad LOL oh well we aren't staying home because of it!