delta ponds continue to impress

D
Drice
So the problem is the weeds bloom really thick out there it is really tough to fish but the fish still live there and still eat so you cannot be afraid of the weeds they are just another form of cover.Bass are ambush hunters so they will bury themselves into a little gap in the weeds and wait for something to happen by.There are little holes throughout the weed beds for big guns to hide in wait and The trick is going as weedless as possible and when you hit a weed, bounce it through gently as if it were a bait fish bumping the weeds in search of nymphs and such and be ready when it clears into that little gap and starts to sink in the holes. Hope this helps but the secret isn't mine to reveal in full. :) Good luck out there!

W
WVBass
I'm going to try again tommorrow around 7pm by the old folks home by the car lot.

W
willee
I went out to delta a few days ago got 2 3lb's lost bout 5 unfortunately.I was using a storm 4 inch crawdad in pumpkin color with a texas rig with NO weight with 10lb line.even with no weight you can still cast plenty far to where the fish are all the bass i caught were only 15 to 20 feet out.my presentation was abit slow i'd cast out and then let it set 5 to 7 seconds then give it bout 3 jerks in and would wait bout 5 seconds again till my next 3 jerks and kept that presentation till my next cast out.can't wait till this weekend weather shows for it to be in the mid to upper 70's.

W
WVBass
Could'nt make it last night but if weather permits I'm going to go tonight.

F
Finneus Polebender
delta was tough today

delta was tough today

bass had lock jaw today. That be how it goes sometimes. Avid Young spanked one fri night I hit one too but lost it while I was un hookin it go figure The bloom is on thinkin we will have to wait now for top water action gettin hard to plunk with the weed cover. spooked plenty big fish right on the surface just no bite . thinkin maybe creswell topwater tommorrow dunno got crap ta do any hoo good luck all fish on FP

Last edited:
S
specialk0082
Finneus Polebender said:
bass had lock jaw today. That be how it goes sometimes. Avid Young spanked one fri night I hit one too but lost it while I was un hookin it go figure The bloom is on thinkin we will have to wait now for top water action gettin hard to plunk with the weed cover. spooked plenty big fish right on the surface just no bite . thinkin maybe creswell topwater tommorrow dunno got crap ta do any hoo good luck all fish on FP
what time did you head out there ??

F
Finneus Polebender
specialk0082 said:
what time did you head out there ??

we was there from noon till 2:30 or so tough goin today saw a couple bank fisherman and one aluminum boat w 3 people in it .Fri night was from 5:30 til around 8

W
WVBass
went out there today with no luck again it was pretty hot. I was out there from about 12-2 saw a lot of carp though.

F
fishndad
if its real weedy try a weightless senko! works wonders if rigged weedless with no weight in heavy cover!

W
WVBass
Man I tried just about everything I had but I'm fishing off the bank. Yeah the weeds are really bad today combine that with the cotton on top of the water and its extra hard to get some good casting in.

F
fishndad
WVBass said:
Man I tried just about everything I had but I'm fishing off the bank. Yeah the weeds are really bad today combine that with the cotton on top of the water and its extra hard to get some good casting in.

hmmm what is the forage in that pond?

W
WVBass
umm I dont know the real name but I call it damnit weeds its a p.i.a. and lillys

F
Finneus Polebender
weeds get thick

weeds get thick

Yep was out that way again and they are gettin thick fast. Just gotta give em a little bit longer and they will start top waterin . Then you can go weedless high speed for good action . Judging by the forcast perhaps within a week or two

F
fishndad
Finneus Polebender said:
Yep was out that way again and they are gettin thick fast. Just gotta give em a little bit longer and they will start top waterin . Then you can go weedless high speed for good action . Judging by the forcast perhaps within a week or two

you still coming my way on the 30th finneus?

F
Finneus Polebender
fishndad said:
you still coming my way on the 30th finneus?

Its still on the calendar, and I still want to be there reeeeel bad!

F
FishSlayer420
Could you get a little 12' boat in there? Or would it be a Hell of a carry?

T
Thuggin4Life
FishSlayer420 said:
Could you get a little 12' boat in there? Or would it be a Hell of a carry?

We carried my last little 12' in there. Shouldn't be to much harder with the new one. Hit me up if you want to take it down there but I recommend a 3rd guy.

F
FishSlayer420
Yeah maybe monday we should go out there in the evenin and do some Salmon and Strrlhead fishin in the mornin. just as long as thes damn headaches go away been getting em every morning for like two months now. Doc put me on meds. i will hit you up tomorrow

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah I'll see you in the morning for sure. If Ash doesn't drag me to the lake we can hit it up just in time for the evening bite.

W
WVBass
went out again tried every color everything about noon didn't get anything, but I meet Crawpaa out there he didn't have any luck either but he got some to strike. but Ima keep fishing. My son had caught a real nice 3-4 pound bass in like october at the same spot. If I could figure out how I would upload a pic from my old phone. Mac Vs. Windows