Da Met.

F
FlyBum
Da Met fished well for us on Sunday. There was snow all over and very few people and for good reason it was brutal walking in on the unplowed roads. I had heard that it wasn't fishing good and it has been really really cold, but I had to see for myself. Well, it wasn't all that good. You really have to work for these fish this time of year and if you can't handle the subfreezing temperatures please by all means stay inside. There is no reason for you to risk frostbite or falling into the water miles away from any help. This river can be a tough SOB and it's hard enough to make just the few hours of daylight that we get now even worth it.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Sweet fish, Flybum!!!

B
bigsteel
nice fish,,I need to get over there

E
eggs
Jake be killin it!

J
jabs67
Very nice!!!!! Great job!!!!!! :cool:

S
steelhead_slayer
Slayin it

V
Van
Stud

Are the roads completely closed or could a 4x4 get in?

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
Now that was a dang good post. Thanks for that FlyBum. Now I'm going to tell everyone I know to stay away from the Met because it's not worth the trip starting with Bigsteel...

E
eggs
I sure as hell wouldn't wana go this weekend!

O
OnTheFly
eggs said:
I sure as hell wouldn't wana go this weekend!
Yeah...to be honest...I've been keeping an eye on the roads from ODOT cams and Hwy 22 at the pass and junction have been trashed.

E
eggs
Yea and fishing in the snow is a *****! Snow packed in your felt is a drag!

O
OnTheFly
eggs said:
Yea and fishing in the snow is a *****! Snow packed in your felt is a drag!
Snow packed in your long johns is a drag.

F
FlyBum
The worst is when your buddy throw a snowball at you and your ear is packed with snow.

There is no point in going to the Metolius right now......

O
OnTheDrop
"Da Bulls"..Nice job man... I absolutely love the color of the bows in that river. I saw some bigguns last winter. Such a beautiful river!

B
bigsteel
dont be pussies

O
OnTheFly
bigsteel said:
dont be pussies
It's true Dave. Jake said the Deschutes and the Crooked aren't good either. He saved me time and gas telling me not to bother with the John Day in November too.

E
eggs
I am itching to get the new FJ Cruiser in some serious snow! Next snowstorm make a trip to a river but gotta be better then the Met though!

O
OnTheFly
You got one?

S
steelhead_slayer
OnTheFly said:
You guys definitely have your priorities straight....kill a caser before heading out.:cool:

Gotta get your beer blankets on with that much snow

B
bigsteel
eggs said:
I am itching to get the new FJ Cruiser in some serious snow! Next snowstorm make a trip to a river but gotta be better then the Met though!
lets go