Corkie question

G
gobeavers08
What hook size do you use with your corky.... what pairs...... what number hook should be used with what size corkie? and vice versa

Last edited by a moderator:
G
Green_Tackle
I haven't fished with corkies in a while, but when I did I would try to make sure that the hook was large enough so that the hook was larger than the corkie. That is, the distance between the hook point and the shank was just a tad larger than the diameter of the corkie. This is to ensure the fish still gets a hook point when it grabs the corkie. I think I usually used a size 2 octopus hook and size 10 corkies.

S
steelhead_slayer
yeah green_tackle is right just make sure the corkie can fit in the bend of the hook

J
jawjacker
Here is a specific little guide line that I like to use for steelhead #14 corky paired with #6 hook, #12 with #4, and #10 with a #2 hook like Green_Tackle said. Another thing I like to do if I want to increase hook size but keep a smaller profile or even give the fish a diferent look is doubling up two corkies.

D
dtikey
I use a size 14 for all my steelhead fishing pretty much no matter what but I also almost always use yarn so still got pleanty of float in it.I use 4 and 2 size hooks for summers and 2 or 1 for winters...for salmon i just use size 10 corkies and also almost always use yarn and 1/0 to 2/0 hooks.This works for me but maybe not for others

G
gobeavers08
dtikey said:
I use a size 14 for all my steelhead fishing pretty much no matter what but I also almost always use yarn so still got pleanty of float in it.I use 4 and 2 size hooks for summers and 2 or 1 for winters...for salmon i just use size 10 corkies and also almost always use yarn and 1/0 to 2/0 hooks.This works for me but maybe not for others

Ya. I just usually match them to the bend of the hook thanks for tips guys I was just curious what other people do