Commonwealth Lake Fishing

A
Anyfishisfine
I went to Bethany and Commonwealth today. Fished Bethany from 9 AM to 1PM, not even a nibble. Nobody else did any better. I tried Buoyants, Panther Martins, worms, power eggs, and salmon eggs. No takers.

At Commonwealth I just walked around the lake to see if anything was happening. Nobody had caught anything there either.

P
PDXKush
Thanks for the update brother.

N
Noahk
I fished Commonwealth today for a little while after work. The stocking truck had not been there, thus not a bite. The water didn't look very clear either.

B
beaverfan
Right now it is set to be stocked sometime between 10-11 tomorrow morning. A friend of a friend works for ODFW and occasionaly I can get some inside info.

N
Noahk
Sweet! You going to be there tomorrow beaver? I'll be the guy in the red adidas hat and probably a blue jacket if you want to say hello. I'll be heading out after work so I should be there around 6 or so.

B
beaverfan
Ya I will probably be there most of the day tossin' spinners. I might try for some of the catfish in there or maybe go after some carp. I have seen some close to 10lb carp pulled out of there. Saw an Osprey come down last year and pick up one that had to be pushing 3lbs. It was classic the Osprey couldn't get it up to his perch in the tree so he sat in a field and pecked away at it for a while.

P
PDXKush
What do use to fish for Carp..I may come over and join you to learn some as I'll be near Murray tomorrow. BTW is the parking off of Butner? Happy Fishing.

B
beaverfan
I have never really fished for carp before. I will probably just try some corn or something. That seems to work for some of the guys on here. There is a couple parking spots off of Butner I believe but most of the parking is just residential side streets. There is parking and access on three sides of the lake. I will be out there in my orange Beaver hoody. I'm sure I will stick out like a sore thumb.

P
PDXKush
Sounds good. Good luck and I may just stop bye.

B
beaverfan
Right on! The more the merrier. Even if they don't double stock it there will still be plenty of fish to go around.

A
Anyfishisfine
I may have to try again tomorrow. If I do I'll keep an eye out for you guys.

T
troutin
beaverfan said:
No it is directly off of 185th. If you are coming from 26 it is on your left hand side right before you get to the intersection of 185th and West Union.

:naughty: Commonwealth Pond is on SW Butner and SW Huntington Ave. Google search that intersection. It is off of Butner in between Cedar Hills Blvd and Murray Blvd. :naughty: They stock it well, but there is allot of ducks in there. I swear the whole lake i watered down duck poop. Plus all of the pollution fron the neighborhood. EWWW. :confused: Fun place to catch and release, but DON'T eat the fish from that pond. I try to get at least 1 hour out of Portland to avoid the pollution in the waters. Then the fish are GOOD EATS!! :dance: Plus it is nice to fish in crystal clear water. Nothing in Portland is crystal clear.

P
PDXKush
Ya water was murky. Fished from 9am til now. Stocking truck never showed :-(. I guess I'll try back on Monday...But I definitely wouldnt eat the fish there. C&R. Peace

N
Noahk
I could see not eating catfish or other fish that are in the lake all year, but I wouldn't think the stocked trout that are generally there less than two weeks would pick up that many pollutants. At least directly from the pond its self, I wonder sometimes what type of toxins they get from the hatchery. I love fishing clear natural water, but there aren't any such places 5 minutes from my house.

A
Anyfishisfine
I got there when the truck did today. Yes, it's stocked now. They guy said he put 3000 in. I lost count at 15 C&R fish, then I got a bleeder and decided to limit out, so 20 minutes later I was done.

Power eggs were killer as well as kastmasters.

No concerns here about eating them since they were brand new.

M
mgdguy
Anyfishisfine said:
I got there when the truck did today. Yes, it's stocked now. They guy said he put 3000 in. I lost count at 15 C&R fish, then I got a bleeder and decided to limit out, so 20 minutes later I was done.

Power eggs were killer as well as kastmasters.

No concerns here about eating them since they were brand new.

Nice job buddy! :dance:

A
Anyfishisfine
Not much of a challenge following the truck in like that, but it was a blast.

The best part was everyone waiting until after they got their limit to call their buddies. It was getting packed by the time I left. Not sure how long they can last.

B
beaverfan
Anyfishisfine was that you with the surf pole? It looked like you approached some guy right before you left in an orange sweatshirt. I was there all day only I spilled a huge soda on my sweatshirt this morning so I had to wear a back-up. I was in a grey and black hooded sweatshirt. I kinda moved around a bit, but I fished off the dock for a while and on each side of the dock. I had about as much success as you sounds like. It seems like they put a little bigger trout than usual. Usually they are scrawny 8-10 inchers but most of the ones I caught were 10-12 and fatter than hell. I will go back there tomorrow and then probably give it a rest for a while. I want to catch something much much larger.

A
Anyfishisfine
That was me. I remembered the orange shirt so thought it might be you. That guy acted like I was crazy asking if he was Beaverfan, LOL.

That's not a surf pole even though it's 15' long. I got it in Japan. The only way I can describe it is a super-ultralight jetty pole. I wanted to see how a trout fought on it. It was a bit long for the wind though.

Was that you at the outlet as I was leaving?

P
PDXKush
I was there from 9 till 1pm. Missed all the fishing :-(.