Colored buck

S
steelhead_slayer
The morning bit was good on the big D today. I landed this 30 1/2 inch buck on my first cast. My buddy then hook into and lost 2 one right after another. Lot of hit and runs after that. Then I stuck another that later broke me off. The score for the day was me: 1-2 steelhead, and 5-5 redsides. My buddy: went 0-3 steelhead and 1-1 whitefish. That's only counting the fish that stuck for a while. All fish came by way of fly. Cool thing to see was a kid 10 y/o at the most hook into and fight a real hot fish for about 10min until it came unbuttoned.

• 093012.jpg
W
wozniasm
Good job! Sounds like an epic day.
What flies did they go after?

J
john montana
Nice!

F
FlyBum
Good fish! You and Chris?

W
waco
Beautiful fish man!
I don't remember the last time I had a fish on in the first cast! :think:I don't even remember if I ever had one! :lol:

D
desertbull
COOL PICS!!

Thanks for sharing!!

jamisonace
jamisonace
Awesome job. Sounds like a great day.

A
alm21
Way to stick it Wes, sweet!

M
Mad dog
Excellent fish!!!

S
steelhead_slayer
wozniasm said:
Good job! Sounds like an epic day.
What flies did they go after?

We were being dirty nymphers. They actually went for a variety of flies. Seemed like they would hit whatever you put in fron of their face

S
steelhead_slayer
FlyBum said:
Good fish! You and Chris?

Yep. You can imagine how pissed Chris was after that. Better than not getting any action though. He was hitting a hole I knew had fish in it. so I went over and coach him. His next cast after adjusting his depth and telling him where and how to cast FISH ON. Then right after that another one.

F
FlyBum
Cool! Glad to hear about him getting "Locked Up" with a fish! Next thing ya know he will be fingering some tail! :shock:

W
wozniasm
steelhead_slayer said:
Yep. You can imagine how pissed Chris was after that. Better than not getting any action though. He was hitting a hole I knew had fish in it. so I went over and coach him. His next cast after adjusting his depth and telling him where and how to cast FISH ON. Then right after that another one.

Way to help out another! Cudos!