Coho open and here...

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
the coho show is underway and it is outstanding, we saw several nice ones boated including this 29" buck by Goldendog....not as many big kings in the water today off Florence, we might have been between groups...I had one coho sized takedown that didn't set...cheers, roger

also, while watching Goldendog catch his coho, the CG was responding to a medical emergency on a boat near Cushman, sounded like someone collapsed, possibly a heart attack, we did not hear anything further...

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great news, thanks! Very nice fish, also! :clap:

O
OnTheDrop
Nice! . Buddy did really good on Coho 2 days ago ( of course, before retention) We trolled Alsea yesterday and had some awesome takedowns but no stickers! All three were on a Chartruesse spinner. I'm assuming one of them had to have been a Coho, especially those finicky grabs. Saw a few roll here and there in between the nooks. Back at 'er again tomorrow. Got some herring in brine so we will be fishing one rod spinner the other cut plug. Good luck out there!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Nice! . Buddy did really good on Coho 2 days ago ( of course, before retention) We trolled Alsea yesterday and had some awesome takedowns but no stickers! All three were on a Chartruesse spinner. I'm assuming one of them had to have been a Coho, especially those finicky grabs. Saw a few roll here and there in between the nooks. Back at 'er again tomorrow. Got some herring in brine so we will be fishing one rod spinner the other cut plug. Good luck out there!

yep, that is what we will be trying Tue and Wed....a spinner shallower off one side and the other rod a standard rolling herring near the bottom...hoping to get at least one coho on my son's tag before he heads back to UW...tight lines!

jamisonace
jamisonace
Roger,

I keep seeing a kayak that I think is yours but when I get close it doesn't appear to be you.

Does your kayak have a twin on the Siuslaw? Minus the vinyl

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
jamisonace said:
Roger,

I keep seeing a kayak that I think is yours but when I get close it doesn't appear to be you.

Does your kayak have a twin on the Siuslaw? Minus the vinyl

not that I know of, easiest way to spot mine is the black ABS rails around the back and the "Flying Tigers" teeth on the front. with family here since Labor Day, been out in the PowerBoat mostly, back to relaxing in the kayak later this week, probably out of Tiernan or up the N.Fork; can't wait for Siltcoos to open...cheers, roger

P
plumb2fish
Gonna have to actually spend some time targeting coho this year. It's just so hard to purposely catch an 8lb fish with so many nooks in the river...Maybe I will pull a spinner along the jetty....

G
grampa ron
If you really want to have fun with Coho, try dragging a very large Salmon fly on the surface. I'm not sure how well this works in the river, but it's a killer on the ocean!

F
FishLife89
niiiice pic!!