Chums dig jigs.

O
OnTheDrop
Was in Tillamook over the weekend and I can honestly say I've never seen it so busy out on the rivers...My gooooodnessss :rolleyes: Was planning on fishing the Wilson Sunday morning in a few of my favorite holes and show my Girlfriend what fall chinook is all about. I really wanted to tie her into one of these freight trains but also wanted to do so not next to a crowd of people...So I made a decision to hit a little of a less pressured river for some guaranteed action. We got there at light and rotated between three of my favorite jigs for fall salmon. We didn't get as much action as expected but still hooked into several hard fighting fish...My first one of the morning had me thinking I hooked an early winter until right before I landed it. This fish was around 10lbs and was a bullet. Not too mention it was chromed outtt! Never seen a Chum so chrome.. Don't have many pics from the morning out as the fish were all released promptly...But here's a few... For all of you who look past Jigs for Salmon you really need to get yourself a few 3/0-5/0 jigs from First Bite Jigs. They are legit. I can count numerous days when the Chinook on some north coast streams are being stingy with bait and within a cast or two of changing to a jig it's straight fish on! Well I hope everyone got into some fish this weekend out there! Until next time..Tight Lines!

My computer is having trouble uploading the videos and pictures from my Camera.. I will try to figure that out today and post a few more pics later hopefully. Here's one or two I snagged from my phone...

P1000496.jpgP1000497.jpg

T
troutmasta
Sik! my next adventure is salmon on jigs. I just read a book by jim bradburry. I got my tactics down I think. Cool pic with the purple jig in the dragons mouth!

O
OnTheDrop
troutmasta said:
Sik! my next adventure is salmon on jigs. I just read a book by jim bradburry. I got my tactics down I think. Cool pic with the purple jig in the dragons mouth!

Try some next time you go to the wilson you won't be dissapointed...Also saves so much bait!!

S
steelhead_slayer
Saw some bright chums this year, and they were bigger on average compared to last year

O
OnTheDrop
steelhead_slayer said:
Saw some bright chums this year, and they were bigger on average compared to last year

You ever run into any chinook? I saw 2 that were easily all of 25-30lbs and chrome.. Also saw a couple chums that cleared 20 for sure. What do you swing for them? Double Bunnys? lol i bet they'd smack those!

S
steelhead_slayer
We landed some chums close to 30lbs. Didn't see any nooks there. Yep double bunnies

O
OnTheDrop
steelhead_slayer said:
We landed some chums close to 30lbs. Didn't see any nooks there. Yep double bunnies

Thats what I like to hear!

S
steelhead_stalkers
Jigs are pretty popular for Chums! They will eat anything!

O
OnTheDrop
steelhead_stalkers said:
Jigs are pretty popular for Chums! They will eat anything!

True that. I feel the same way about Chinook if the presentation is proper enough...

S
steelhead_stalkers
Yeah, I have never had the chance to fish for chums but its sounds like its a lot of fun. Good job!

P
plumb2fish
steelhead_slayer said:

That's awesome considering the record chum in Oregon is 23lbs.....

B
bran_man
plumb2fish said:
That's awesome considering the record chum in Oregon is 23lbs.....

Ha yeah sorry have to agree with plumb2fish : PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! ha ha never seen chums clear 30# not saying its impossible, but would love to see that

S
steelhead_slayer
Ha ha okay I guess I'm like the typical male thinking everything is bigger than it actually is. There were a couple damn big chums though. Ill leave it at that

O
OnTheDrop
steelhead_slayer said:
Ha ha okay I guess I'm like the typical male thinking everything is bigger than it actually is. There were a couple damn big chums though. Ill leave it at that

The only reason the record chum is 23lbs is because theres no way to record 'em now... Te last 3 years I've caught some on the Miami and Kilchis that easily cleared 20-25lbs. And i know a lot more people have as well...

O
osmosis
anything blue, purple, green, red, yellow, wait that's right chum eat everything!