Chrome ducks!!!!

S
steelhead_stalkers
Yeah, that can work as long as there are not to many overhanging trees. I watch a lot of fly guys have trouble fishing really nice water on the Alsea because of the lack of room. Even if you had a lot of room indicator fishing is not a great way to float fish. Using a centerpin is probably a better option if you really want to use a fly type rod. There are a lot of very good fly fisherman though that put a hurtin on the steel drifting flies, beads and egg patterns.

N
nwkiller
nice work.....the fight is always the best anyway

B
bigsteel
JeannaJigs said:
And I got the 8 weight, but literally, only have tiny little troutsicle flies, and jigs. It's probably not kosher to fling a jig with a fly rod? lol

ive got enough flies jeanna,me you and rose should hit the river on the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B
bigsteel
nwkiller said:
nice work.....the fight is always the best anyway

thanks NWK i thought about how it sucked he slipped away but i got to fight the beast and hold it,he deserved to go back after his efforts

N
nwkiller
yep....he'll be back!

F
fredaevans
Been there-done that.. One of my most interesting days on the river (thank goodness not me but my partner) had that happen to him FOUR TIMES in one day. Each was lost right at the beach, slack in line ... Patooie ... in his face sort of thing. Turned out the hooks he was using were dull as a flat brick wall. Cut his crap off and re-rigged with my 'stuff.' Bit later he hooked his 5th fish and beached same. Fish landed.

The capper for the day was (we were fishing at/just below where the Sueattle (sp?) flowed into the Sauk) he laid his fish down on the beach and we fished on. Few minutes later I look up river and see a 'dog like critter' come out of the woods, gab the fish in his mouth and run back into the trees.

I learned "words" that afternoon I didn't know existed!

fae

Reactions: JeannaJigs
J
JeannaJigs
I have Tuesday the 6th but ima be floating the alsea that day hopefully, but then I have the 10-11 off, and then the 14th, 20-21, 27-28, and the first off, but ima be dead to the world in Washington that day. So whatever works with you guys. Take it and runnn.

Reactions: OnTheFly