Caught a few more

I
igquick
Had a few hours to spare so I decided to go fishing one late afternoon and maybe try some fly fishing.

I noticed there wasn't as much sunning carp as usual so I decided to use my corn set-up instead of going straight to fly fishing. I caught 7 of them all around 6-7 lbers, but I wish I hooked into those 15+ lbers I could see sunning. I got a lot of bites and missed a lot, which could be those irregularly small carp I used to catch last summer.

So after an hour of that, I decided to try fly fishing since more sunners and roaming carp were showing up. It was a disaster to begin with, because I noticed I couldn't even see my fly when I dipped it in the water because the water visibilty was like a foot. Also, I'm halfway or a quarter way up the hill, like in the picture shown, and I keep snagging onto the hill behind me; so complete fail.

On a positive note, at least I managed to hook into a few, and I'm a lot more comfortable casting with a fly rod; unless there is an obstruction behind me.

M
MikePierce170
What day did you go? Was this before or after I met you and George there?

I
igquick
I went today...they are A LOT spookier than before, but they were mocking me when I was attempting to fly fish by swimming next to the bank.

Also, I don't know what the deal is, but the pipe in the pictures below started flowing out water, causing all the fish to disapear. I hope this doesn't mean that the backwater is going to be filled up by tomorrow, because it was filling up fast!

How could you shoot them mike, they're actually kind of cute. Look at that face :D

M
MikePierce170
How could you shoot them mike, they're actually kind of cute. Look at that face

Easy, just aim low :lol:

I may go out there tomorrow and provide my good service :)

I
igquick
Good luck man, the temperature is even warmer than before

I
Ifishforfood
whatever happened to not catching any in early spring?!! mayaan.....

I
igquick
Sup ifishforfood! You have to find the tailers man lol

T
Troutier Bassier
Perhaps I'm just a bad luck charm. Hopefully I'll find some time this week to get out there.

M
MikePierce170
Well Russians are bad luck :lol: but I don't think it was you George. Chinook hasn't been as good as last season, so far. Maybe the carp are getting smarter or maybe there's been more people fishing for them there. I've noticed a lack of vegetation too. Who knows, things could change.

I
igquick
Honestly the fishing pressure has kicked up SIGNIFICANTLY, ever since we've mentioned our catches and what not...which brings me to my next topic, Im not going to mention where I've been fishing at anymore because it's starting to get crowded