Carp fishing date

I
igquick
Shout-out to P. Saechao for helping me and my girl out. This was definitely one of the highlights of this Summer for me.

CARPE DIEM!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:clap::dance::clap: Love the nose to nose pic! :D

I
igquick
Thank you, my dog is too curious

bass
bass
That looks like one carpy date :)

Nice job.

I
igquick
C_Run
C_Run
New rule. Henceforth, all carp photos on OFF must also include pretty girl as well.

I
igquick

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
igquick said:
A sarcastic joke before she reads this and I get my head chopped off.

You'll be a headless fisherman, come Halloween!

S
Surejam
Nice job... looks like you had a productive trip.
Was this a new spot?

I
igquick
troutdude said:
You'll be a headless fisherman, come Halloween!

Looks like I wont be fishing late October lol

@Surejam Its an old spot I havent hit up in a while but Im willing to trade some fishing spots via pm

H
HereFishy
igquick said:
Looks like I wont be fishing late October lol

@Surejam Its an old spot I havent hit up in a while but Im willing to trade some fishing spots via pm

No need to keep my carp hole a secret.. It's on the Willamette in South Salem. The easiest way to find it is on willamettewatertrail.org.. It's at RM (river mile? river marker?) 91. The Halls Ferry access point. Its a slough right off of the Willy. The slough is about a mile long and the farther back you get in to it, the better. Not much bank access though. I've seen some pretty decent ones swimming around there. Hope this helps someone.

Happy Fishing,
Kyle

Casting Call
Casting Call
H..F Did you mean River road anywhere off the rr tracks? CC

H
HereFishy
It's after the train tracks and the little store that they turned in to a resteraunt. If you don't know which turn out it is, it's easy to blow right past it. That's why I suggested willamettewatertrail.org. That web page gives you directions or GPS coordinates if you so desire.

I
igquick
HereFishy said:
It's after the train tracks and the little store that they turned in to a resteraunt. If you don't know which turn out it is, it's easy to blow right past it. That's why I suggested willamettewatertrail.org. That web page gives you directions or GPS coordinates if you so desire.

1 hour and a half is too far for me, but have you caught any big uns over there?

H
HereFishy
I've never targeted them. Just seen them in the water there. Lots of them. I've seen a few 18+ inch carp washed up on the bank. Not sure what killed them. But they're there.

I
igquick
HereFishy said:
I've never targeted them. Just seen them in the water there. Lots of them. I've seen a few 18+ inch carp washed up on the bank. Not sure what killed them. But they're there.

By your description, it sounds like there are TONS of them at this area you speak of. Usually when they are that small, then the Carp are reproducing really quickly. I highly suggest someone to check that place out hah

S
Surejam
igquick said:
1 hour and a half is too far for me, but have you caught any big uns over there?

I agree about the commute... I won't drive that far for carp fishing! If it were salmon or just about any other fish ( usually one that's tasty :) ) I would make the trip. Think I will stick to closer to the Portland metro areas for the carp. I need to keep looking for places locally to catch em.

Surejam

I
igquick
Surejam said:
I agree about the commute... I won't drive that far for carp fishing! If it were salmon or just about any other fish ( usually one that's tasty :) ) I would make the trip. Think I will stick to closer to the Portland metro areas for the carp. I need to keep looking for places locally to catch em.

Surejam

It's easy to find water where Carp are. 8 out of the 11 lakes, ponds, and rivers near me have Carp in which I have caught. Now the hard part is finding that one specific spot where you should be casting at. The biggest giveaway is a Carp jumping out of the water. Then you got to figure out when's the best season to fish at that spot because sometimes there are no feeders near spawning carp and sometimes there is.