Caring for the catch

madasahab
madasahab
I am planning on spending a week or two on the coast in March. I live an hour or more away. I am wondering if anyone knows a place on the north coast that will vacuum seal and freeze your catch? or maybe smoke it?

Cheers!
Ahab

J
JeannaJigs
Don't know of anything like that, I live an hour from just about everywhere I fish. I just bleed my fish immediately while they're still alive and put them in a cooler. As long as you pack it in ice, you're golden. Low cost too :)

J
JeannaJigs
Disregard I misread and didn't realize it was an extended stay. D'oh!

madasahab
madasahab
JeannaJigs said:
Disregard I misread and didn't realize it was an extended stay. D'oh!

Yeah LOL. Guess I will just have to bring the cook stove!!!

T
the_intimidator03
It is possible to check with some of the charter boats along the coast, some may offer that service for a fee even if you don't fish with them

H
hawgcaller
Not sure what part of the coast that you are going to, but if you are around Coos Bay I know that Chucks seafood in Charleston will smoke your catch for you.

A
alm21
If they were to be frozen, how will you keep them frozen? If you have a way to freeze them, see if a friend/neighbor has a vacuum seal that you can take with you (if you have access to a power source). Otherwise you could probably buy one for close to what you would pay to have them processed.

Last edited: