Can you spey cast with a Tenkara rod?

Casting Call
Casting Call
Can you spey cast with a Tenkara rod? They are some that are long, maybe 15FT. CC

C
chrisohm
I don't think so. That type of rod is primarily for fishing in small stream settings where you don't have the room for a regular fly rod. You mainly roll cast with them or just drop a fly in. You should just check out their web page and send them a msg regarding your question.

S
Spydeyrch
Carp have been caught on tenkara, as well bone fish. True they are for more delicate presentations but you should listen to the tenkara podcasts with Tom Rosenbauer and the Itinerant Angler. Great info on tenkara!!!!

And just to make sure everyone known, using a tenkara rod is not synonymous with dapping. You can dap with tenkara rod but jjust because you use a tenkara rod doesn't mean you are dapping. :D

-Spydey

Casting Call
Casting Call
Hey guys! Chrisohm, Spydey. Thanks for the info. and referals. They are great help and a point of future referance. CC

Casting Call
Casting Call
Thanks Modest_Man great vids. I will ad to my fishing library. The reason I ask for some input is that I just finished taking a Shakespeare TP1050B(6.3 meters) 6 section Tenkara "Wonderpole" and converted to a 21ft spey rod with 3 different tips with a 620 grain forward line. Two years ago I ran across beautiful waters that the seams were 80 to 100 feet away even wading chest high. Gonna throw 3" wet flies. Why! Cuz I can! Yes it's in Oregon. CC