Boat ramp nearest the jetties? Private?

H
HootYeah
You know if I can put in here and park on the road? Would be nice to be a little closer than the marina in a small drift boat with a 8hp kicker...

Siuslaw boat ramp.jpg

E
eugene1
hmm, good idea. I looked on google street view and no gate?, so if you launch quick the owner probably won't see you. LOL,

H
HootYeah
I've seen it a bunch of times going past it headed to and from the jetties. Would def add an hour to my fishing time if I could put in and take out there. If someone doesn't comment here maybe Ill go scout it out the day before. I mean how much trouble could you get in for using a boat ramp? (Probably a lot)...

H
HootYeah
Just checked out the street view. Theres a sign that says something that is just out of view. Dangit!

E
eugene1
Saw that, I'm guessing it says no launching allowed.

H
HootYeah
Maybe...

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah that's closed. It's privately owned.

jamisonace
jamisonace
It is private but I'm guessing it has many owners that don't know who is who.

I used the dock one time to pick up a fisherman but we didn't use the launch.

I'll bet nothing would be said if you launched but parking would be the issue.

H
HootYeah
Yeah if there was somewhere I could slip a 10$ bill into I bet no one would complain. Either way fish should be up farther than the jetties soon enough. I prefer cushman and the dairy hole anyways~

H
hawgslayer
HootYeah said:
Yeah if there was somewhere I could slip a 10$ bill into I bet no one would complain. Either way fish should be up farther than the jetties soon enough. I prefer cushman and the dairy hole anyways~

Fish have been up there for well over a month now, and at times good amounts being caught.

H
HootYeah
Well that goes against everything I pretend to know... :lol:

R
rippin fish lips
hawgslayer said:
fish have been up there for well over a month now, and at times good amounts being caught.

shut it.

H
hawgslayer
rippin fish lips said:

Good lord. Not like the boat show didn't already start weeks ago. It's no secret, a decent number of fish have been in the system for a while now. :popcorn:

R
rippin fish lips
hawgslayer said:
Good lord. Not like the boat show didn't already start weeks ago. It's no secret, a decent number of fish have been in the system for a while now. :popcorn:

Yes i know that. Knew that in June when the first ones were being caught lol. I'm just jokin around

Q
qwapaw
Getting back to the boat ramp, why not go and find the owners. They may be good folks who really don't mind. Maybe they will say, just drop off a couple of crabs on your way out. I have to think it is private because someone messed it up once upon a time. Best of luck. Qwapaw

H
hawgslayer
It's private due to the fact that it was put in specifically for the small housing tract that surrounds it. Its to be used by those that have bought property there.

Q
qwapaw
Well it sounds like that settles it. Leave them alone and play by the rules. Nothing like good Carma, do what's right. I won't be fishing until October. See you there then. Qwa