Best Lure patterns for trout in Oregon?

P
pancakesnarfer
Hello, I have started to paint my own spinner blades and bodies for trout lures and am looking for inspiration and suggestions on what designs to do. if you have any designs that you know work well or fun/crazy ideas I would love to paint and design them. Thanks

S
Snopro
Honestly, if you had an all black spinner and an all silver plate spinner, you could probably catch 90% of the trout willing to bite with just those two patterns.....but where's the fun in that.

Reactions: Troutski and Admin
kemfish
kemfish
I’m partial to copper blades with subdued bodies. Also like the rainbow patterns. I think a little bit of a bright color for contrast helps. like maybe a red dot on the blade or the little bit of pink in the rainbow pattern

Reactions: Admin
REELY HOOKED
REELY HOOKED
I am partial to the copper Thomas Buoyant and brown Rooster Tail colors, they have caught many trout for me.

P
pancakesnarfer
REELY HOOKED said:
I am partial to the copper Thomas Buoyant and brown Rooster Tail colors, they have caught many trout for me.
ill have to try making some in that style.

troutdude
troutdude
Wordens Fire Tiger Rooster Tails have caught more trout, for me, than anything else. Except for maybe Woolly Buggers and/or Teeny Nymphs.

1680199301760.png
Fire tiger rooster tail.jpg

troutdude
troutdude
@Snopro made a great comment above. All black spinners is deadly on Fall Nooks, on gray/foggy/overcast days. The same could also be true for trout.

Big D Sowards
Big D Sowards
I troll a wooly bugger 3 feet behind an egg sinker; it looks just like a minnow!

Grant22
Grant22
I fish lots of spinner for trout and have caught them on all kinds of colors but I’ll give you my top 5.
1. Gold blade w/ black body
2. Silver Blade w/ black body
3. Firetiger w/ gold blade
4. Silver blade w/brown body
5. baby trout w/ gold blade

Big D Sowards
Big D Sowards
troutdude said:
Wordens Fire Tiger Rooster Tails have caught more trout, for me, than anything else. Except for maybe Woolly Buggers and/or Teeny Nymphs.
A trolled black woolly bugger, 3 foot leader, and 1/2 ounce egg sinker above a barrel swivel will slay’em!

Reactions: Troutski
troutdude
troutdude
Big D Sowards said:
A trolled black woolly bugger, 3 foot leader, and 1/2 ounce egg sinker above a barrel swivel will slay’em!
I've only used them in still water, with 4 - 5' of leader tied to a torpedo bobber. One small split shot, about 12" up the line from the hook. To get the bugger to glide just under the surface. SLOWLY kick in a float tube and BAM!

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
For sea-run cutts, the weapon of choice is a gold-bladed Roostertail with brown body.

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
No_Bad_Skunks said:
For sea-run cutts, the weapon of choice is a gold-bladed Roostertail with brown body.
Yep!!! Small ones. They mimic a major food source: crawdad fry.