Best day ever on the Big Elk Creek

J
jd15
I went steelhead fishing in the Big Elk Creek yesterday, and I had the best by far fishing day i have ever had. I hooked 15 steelhead i 3 hours. I just thought that is amazing, and I figured i'd share that since that don't happen that often for me anyways.

C
CoastieFlo
thats great! I always did well by the wrestling camp when I lived in Corvallis...did u catch anything you could keep?

J
Johnny Southpaw
15???? Holy Sh!poopy!!! Amazing! That sounds like a story from 'the good ol' days'! How many were you able to land?

Last edited by a moderator:
W
waco
Nice but picture or didn't happen!!

P
plumb2fish
Glad I don't frequent that particular small stream......but I bet there will be plenty of "new" fishers that will......

S
steelhead1
yes, that is quite amazing. Most are lucky to get that many in a season.Hmmmmm,amazing.

R
RunWithSasquatch
great...

brandon4455
brandon4455
waco said:
Nice but picture or didn't happen!!

:lol: hate to say it but i agree.

troutdude
troutdude
Crikey. I haven't had that happen since the 80's; when Rock Creek was open for Ho's.

J
JeannaJigs
Great job

Some things, such as location, are best left unmentioned however. I mean unless everyone enjoys shoulder to shoulder fishing for a handful of less than ideal hatchery reared fish.

Reactions: fishinmachine
N
nwkiller
sweet!...sweeter with pics!!!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
JeannaJigs said:
Great job

Some things, such as location, are best left unmentioned however. I mean unless everyone enjoys shoulder to shoulder fishing for a handful of less than ideal hatchery reared fish.
some people are not educated enough to know that talking about a smaller stream on the internet does a few things.

1. makes it shoulder to shoulder fishing (not good for a small stream,especially one that mainly has wild fish.

2. brings in trash and debris (bait containers,lure packages etc)
2. a lot of pressure is not good for a smaller stream and screws the fish over by possibly bringing snaggers/poachers in from said report. i don't even post reports too much anymore. but bigger well known rivers..nobody cares,small streams..come on man,let em be. the reason most rivers are covered in trash and shoulder to shoulder is because they are well known, someday this creek will the same as all of those.

Last edited:
S
steelhead1
brandon4455 said:
some people are not educated enough to know that talking about a smaller stream on the internet does a few things.

1. makes it shoulder to shoulder fishing (not good for a small stream,especially one that mainly has wild fish.

2. a lot of pressure is not good for a smaller stream and screws the fish over by possibly bringing snaggers/poachers in from said report. i don't even post reports too much anymore. but bigger well known rivers..nobody cares,small streams..come on man,let em be. the reason most rivers are covered in trash and shoulder to shoulder is because they are well known, someday this creek will the same as all of those.
Well I guess you havn't been over there, to the B.E.,in awhile B4455.The place is a garbage dump top to bottom.I have been over twice this week,you can expect a line of idling trucks,full of assmunch coors light drinkin, skoal chewin "fishermen"waiting to defile the very hole you are standing in.I can think of better places to fish anyday,15 steelies on the line or not.

brandon4455
brandon4455
no ive never been there,but people talk about it like a secret so i figure it's was a clean little place, But i guess it's a dump just like the wilson huh? anyways,my above post was meant to mean if you want the places you like to fish not to be a dump thats overcrowded with snaggers then post picture reports and don't tell anyone about your little honeyhole :D

F
fishinmachine
steelhead1 said:
Well I guess you havn't been over there, to the B.E.,in awhile B4455.The place is a garbage dump top to bottom.I have been over twice this week,you can expect a line of idling trucks,full of assmunch coors light drinkin, skoal chewin "fishermen"waiting to defile the very hole you are standing in.I can think of better places to fish anyday,15 steelies on the line or not.

Maybe you should stop and let them know how you feel. I'm glad to hear you won't fish there anymore.

Reactions: brandon4455
F
fishferfun2
brandon4455 said:

Spot on.. My heart sank when I read this thread, even though I have been hearing about the fishing over there for over a week and the 30+ cars that were all trampling the banks of one of my favorite streams. Growing up as a kid it was a zoo, so times just change perhapse.

Reactions: brandon4455 and fishinmachine
troutdude
troutdude
The originator of this very thread, fishes SEVERAL spots on that stream. For most of them, he has "private property privileges". I seriously doubt that he's going to post those locations. He surely would not want to get those landowners peeved at him.

Right JD?

T
Team CF
I have always wondered the theory that people say streams that they don't fish so people can fish where they fish in peace. :p Combat fishing starts at home, on the internet. LOL 15 is a lot though. I have hooked 2 steelhead in my entire life. Trying today though I am a lot more prepared nowadays.

H
hunt-fish-trap
yeh, well there was this one time that I was fishing at this little spot called Oregon and I slayed the fish all year:lol:

Reactions: brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
hunt-fish-trap said:
yeh, well there was this one time that I was fishing at this little spot called Oregon and I slayed the fish all year:lol:

:lol: