Bass on beds ... so ... blue gills it is ... see pic's

S
shotgun
While the bass are on the beds ... I am leaving them alone in my pond .... BUT , I figure the Blue Gills are fair game .... RIGHT ??? I fished for about 15 minutes and caught some dandy's .... Light line and ultra light pole ... They are fun ...
Doug

• Toads 009.jpg
  • Toads 008.jpg
  • Toads 006.jpg
  • Toads 005.jpg
  • Toads 001.jpg
T
Throbbit _Shane
Those are some huge bluegils!!

F
Finneus Polebender
Very nice for these parts ! been kinda waiting too see the babies here as well before I pick on em .

T
tomriker
i saw fry at my place monday night, im going out again tomorrow night with some friends that have never even fished before.. should be... interesting to say the least??? think we will target the water away from all the trees :) NICE bluegill! those would make a tasty bass treat :)

P
PNW Sam
Nice! I've been catching some decent bluegills in a local pond, but not quite as big as those.

C
catfishman89
Those are some slabs

R
rl206
Nice fish! They are bedding up here right now, I have seen a few that looked about that size UL gear and those things are a blast!

bass
bass
Wow, I have not seen brim like that since I lived in NC. We used to love to catch them on a fly rod with a popper. What a blast. Congrats!

T
TimberTodd
Gills and light gear are fun times. Thanks for sharing.

H
Hendo30
Not bad at all, some of the bigger BG I seen around here. Thanks for sharing and way to be on the bedding bass, let them do there thing before you get after them (especially in a pond).

S
sherman
I haven't seen gills that size since I left Michigan. We lived on a lake that was loaded with them & mom would fry them up & with some corn on the cob made for a great meal.

S
Slick
bass said:
Wow, I have not seen brim like that since I lived in NC. We used to love to catch them on a fly rod with a popper. What a blast. Congrats!
You are the only one besides me that I have heard call them brim since I moved up here from Arkansas in 96. Some bigguns down there.