Bank fishing near tidewater?

zrowe977
zrowe977
Is there any good(or decent) bank fishing spots near tidewater? i'v heard people are doing good off the beach by the bridge in waldport, but the main river is still super low until more rain comes.

C
coyo7e
I'd be super interested on some info regarding this as well, I'll be staying out in Yachats for the next couple/few days and was planning on doing a little Siuslaw bank fishing, but would really like to try up the Alsea a bit as well. I drove 3 or 4 miles up the hwy this morning before I got to my base-camp, and only found one turn-out that looked like I might be able to get down to the water (just west of the bridge and group-only campground) but I saw a bunch of dudes in boats out there this morning. :)

I've been 20 or so miles back there earlier this summer and spent a night at blackberry but without a boat I'm curious as to what spots I should try for, especially while the water's still this low.

C_Run
C_Run
Observe the locals at Yachats at high tide down by the mouth. You may not have to travel far.

troutdude
troutdude
An excerpt, from last week's Recreation Report from ODFW:

Fall Chinook fishing is good with anglers catching fish from the mouth of the river all the way up through tidewater. Recent rains have also pushed some fish above tidewater. Trolling herring or lures in the lower portion of the bay and near Drift Creek or bobber fishing in the mid to upper section of tide water is producing well. Fishing the incoming tide or around the high and low slack tide tends to produce the best results.

The wild coho salmon fishery is producing excellent catches. Anglers fishing in the bay are doing the best casting spinners or trolling herring.

Sea run cutthroat trout can be found in the lower to mid section of the mainstem. Resident cutthroat trout are spread out through the basin. The Alsea has many opportunities for bank fishing along Hwy 34 as well as some good riverside camping options.

R
Rytelrev
Bank Fishing

Bank Fishing

zrowe977 said:
Is there any good(or decent) bank fishing spots near tidewater? i'v heard people are doing good off the beach by the bridge in waldport, but the main river is still super low until more rain comes.

Not sure where you are coming from, but I know I have been doing well on the bank in Florence. If you put humane society in your gps you will see the fisherman on the bank just behind it. Also referred to as the wall or the dump.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Rytelrev said:
Not sure where you are coming from, but I know I have been doing well on the bank in Florence. If you put humane society in your gps you will see the fisherman on the bank just behind it. Also referred to as the wall or the dump.

"The Wall" in Florence has been super hot this year but we have observed over the last few years, once the big surge of coho have passed by, fishing can go cold there real quick. Most years, there seems to be just a week, maybe 2, when fishing is hot there, and the weather can play a big role in how quick it ends...cheers, roger

B
billfisher
I fished the wall" today and got a nice 29" coho after 5 full hours of casting. First combat fishing for me, so not that bad. Most everyone was very friendly!