Anyone up for some ice fishing this winter?

M
Mad dog
Well, being Diamond lake is going to be open all year starting this January, I was wondering if anyone wanted to do a Diamond Lake ice fishing OFF get together later this winter? I think maybe shoot for mid-february or so.....Ice should be plenty thick by then and the lodge should have some good reports on what area's of the lake have been producing. Been a lot of years since I have been ice fishing and I feel in the mood for something different this winter, that combined with the quality of fish in Diamond, it sounds like a good trip to me!

So, if anyone is interested let's start organizing a get together....Ice fishing is a good social type of fishing, you can get a good sized group in a small area and have fun!

jamisonace
jamisonace
I'm there. My buddy and I are thinking we'll build a shelter and drag it out with the quad. I haven't ice fished since I lived in Wyoming 9 years ago. I'm pretty excited that diamond opened up for it.

S
steelhead_slayer
I would love to try ice fishing. Sounds like a good spot to try it to.

M
Mad dog
jamisonace said:
I'm there. My buddy and I are thinking we'll build a shelter and drag it out with the quad. I haven't ice fished since I lived in Wyoming 9 years ago. I'm pretty excited that diamond opened up for it.

The oldest has a pop up hunting blind that would make an excellent ice fishing hut!

1 nut in the water
I'm all over it! Never tried it but sounds like a great opportunity to meet some fellow lunatic fisherman!

O
OnTheDrop
There! Always wanted to Ice fish. Lets make sure this happens.

T
Throbbit _Shane
I'm down. Was already talking about ice fishing there too.

R
rippin fish lips
I'm in on this one!

E
eat, sleep, fish
I'd be in as well.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Yeah, we were also thinking about getting an old canvas tent and cut the bottom out. We'll see what we decide. I've ice fished plenty without shelter but it'd be fun to have something warm.

Mad dog said:
The oldest has a pop up hunting blind that would make an excellent ice fishing hut!

N
Ntofishing
Ill be there. Me and a few friends have already been planning to go up there. We have ice fished it the past 2 years when conditions permit

T
troutmasta
Abso-friggin-lutely! Sounds like some peppermint schnapps in hot chocolatte times!

Reactions: lilsalmon
T
Throbbit _Shane
jamisonace said:
Yeah, we were also thinking about getting an old canvas tent and cut the bottom out. We'll see what we decide. I've ice fished plenty without shelter but it'd be fun to have something warm.

I had my tent break at Wickiup this year during some wind and rain. Its just a cheap one, thinking about cutting the bottom out and making a shelter for ice fishing. Ill make a 2 day trip out of this and camp at a near by lake that's lower in elevation. Should be a good time!

F
fishtales
This sounds fun! I might be up for a drive down there.

1 nut in the water
Ok how about we take the first step and plan a date? Superbowl is feb 3rd so depending on the ice maybe the following weekend- feb 9 & 10?
Everybody throw in their 2 cents and lets get this thing planned!!

M
Mad dog
Throbbit _Shane said:
I had my tent break at Wickiup this year during some wind and rain. Its just a cheap one, thinking about cutting the bottom out and making a shelter for ice fishing. Ill make a 2 day trip out of this and camp at a near by lake that's lower in elevation. Should be a good time!

:clap: We have a pop hunting blind that doesn't have a floor! ;)

Let's start planning a weekend....Maybe shoot for mid-feb. or so and try for nice weather, wind and snow are your enemy when you ice fish! There is a nice lodge at the resort, 2 or 3 off-ers could split a room for a reasonable price and fish 2 days.

T
the_intimidator03
Oo I am interested... I miss ice fishing, I have been wanting to head up there when the weather isn't horrible so i can make it in my 2wd truck LOL.

F
fishtales
like i said im up for it but timing is critical. We are expecting in May so i can not make it if it is on an apointment day/weekend.:dance:

T
the_intimidator03
hmm... now wouldn't that be a story.... drag her along and have a baby in an ice shack LOL

F
fishtales
yeah, at this pint she does not want me to even be there in the room, so ice fishing is a go. LOL