Anyone know if grills are allowed at the ponds?

T
Travis19
I had a good idea about wanting to take a small weber grill and cook up the fish i caught fresh and maybe other peoples if they wanted too but I can't remember if it was allowed?

18406ej
18406ej
You can cook, grill and have a fire at any of the Marion County Parks as long as the fire is contained within a Park maintained pit, barbecue or etc. you can also bring your own portable barbecue or grill if you like. St Louis Ponds actually closed November 1 of this year and will re- open in the spring.

Welcome to OFF!

EJ

C
chrisohm
St. Louis Ponds are still open. The gate is closed but you can hike in and still fish all you want.

Ponds 1,3 and 6 were stocked the week of Oct. 22 with 1,300 legal-sized rainbow trout and 400 one-pounders. The gate to the fishing park is closed until March 1, although the park remains open during daylight hours for those who are willing to walk in. Several new ADA-accessible structures are available, including fishing platforms and paved trails. The ponds are located west of I-5 about 15 miles north of Salem and 2 miles West of Gervais. From Gervais, take St Louis Rd west to Tesch Lane, turn left onto Tesch Lane and follow road into the St. Louis Ponds public fishing area.

Copied and pasted from ODFW website as of 12/21/2012.

R
rightstar
It's a lot of fun out there, I took my daughter out in Nov. she is 4 and she caught her first fish 9" rainbow before i had a chance to even grab my pole to bait it. She did everything herself. I can't wait till summer so I can take some friends out that have never fished it's gonna be a blast.

T
Travis19
Thanks all for the info I'll be sure to do that in the spring!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Best portable bbq I've ever had was actually an old canning pot. I punched holes in the bottom 6" for ventilation and used it as a portable fire pit also. I took it everywhere and had no problems using it.