Anyone fishing this weekend?

R
_RJ_
I was just wondering how many OFF members planned to go out and get their lines wet and soak up some sun. I'm hitting the D tomorrow and then off to some remote mountain lakes in the Elkhorn Mountains. Have fun, be safe. :cool:

R
rippin fish lips
I wish i could be goin out tomorrow, but i gotta work two 8 hour shifts tomorrow ad saturday, so ill prolly go out on the rivers here in town and see what i can pic up after work. Dang work, too much work ad not enough fishing!

R
_RJ_
rippin fish lips said:
I wish i could be goin out tomorrow, but i gotta work two 8 hour shifts tomorrow ad saturday, so ill prolly go out on the rivers here in town and see what i can pic up after work. Dang work, too much work ad not enough fishing!

Bummer! I hope you get some away from it all.

E
eugene1
I'll be on the ocean for Halibut if we don't get blown off. Kind of wish I could fish the local rivers though, I think they are gonna take off for steelhead in a big way this weekend.

Good luck to whoever is going out (and post some pics),

P
PNW Sam
I'm just going bass fishing. Then trout fishing and morel picking up by Mt. Hood next weekend.

Hopefully you are able to get in to the lakes you plan on fishing, there is a TON of snow up in the mountains still. Do you plan on hiking in on snowshoes? Or lower elevation lakes?

brandon4455
brandon4455
taking the float tube out for bass and bluegill. love chasing big gills on the 4wt..they can light your reel up believe it or not

K
kenjimua
hitting up benson lake tomorrow =3....ill most likly be on the side of the freeway closes to the falls

J
jabs67
My boys and i are heading to rock creek reservoir. Gonna be the first time we have been there. Any tips would be great.

B
b70turner
Just moved here from 3,000 miles away, so still saving up for the replacement car. Gonna take public transit down to Bethany Pond to see if I can learn how to catch trout and maybe try to have some fun with a big ole carp, and going to get my fiancee out for her first official fishing trip since she was a little kid. Also gonna drop brand new crawfish traps in rock creek and see what happens. :pray:

O
OnTheFly
jabs67 said:
My boys and i are heading to rock creek reservoir. Gonna be the first time we have been there. Any tips would be great.
If you're throwing bait a spinners, I'd fish from the dam. Something that floats will of course increase your options. If you bomb out at Rock Creak, drive a few miles east and try Pine Hollow.

F
fishtales
Hit the river today for trout. I Limited out in about an hour and the wife caught one. It is almost time to work on my fly patterns.

F
fishtales
fishtales said:
Hit the river today for trout. I Limited out in about an hour and the wife caught one. It is almost time to work on my fly patterns.

Well this might be a record week. I bought my license on Sunday and have fished twice since... I went out again yesterday and caught my limit of trout and a one catfish. All released to be caught another day. On top of that, my daughter caught her very first fish all on her own. Classic!!! I am probably going to hit up a few more spots this weekend... Anyone else fishing this weekend?

S
spoonman
First post in the forum! Hit the Applegate this morning on opening day and slayed them. Caught a nice mix of rainbows and Cuttys, one pig but mostly just averaged sized.

E
eugene1
spoonman said:
First post in the forum! Hit the Applegate this morning on opening day and slayed them. Caught a nice mix of rainbows and Cuttys, one pig but mostly just averaged sized.

Welcome to OFF,

I took the day off and tied up some gear for when the willy drops back into shape.

Z
ztubs
eugene1 said:
Welcome to OFF,

I took the day off and tied up some gear for when the willy drops back into shape.

:clap: Couple days? Ive been on the mac lately, I watched it from the lowest this spring to earlier today. Just down the street.