Anyone been out the the Nesstucca lately?

T
thelerrinbox
Hello I'm new to the forum. I see the hasn't been many post for the stucca lately. I'm from Mcminnville and have been wanting to hit the river and just want to know what its been like. I like to try to fly fish.

H
HereFishy
First OFF, welcome to the forum.. The knowledge contained in this forum is a gold mine.. Lots of very sharp people here willing to have their brains picked.. I was on the Nesstucca about 3 weeks ago.. I got skunked.. Don't let that dissuade you from going.. I'm a noob and have the most basic of grasps of fishing in a current. If it helps, I was drifting eggs and jigs (an all pink and a nightmare jig under a balsa float..) Maybe I was just throwing the wrong presentation at them.. But I was fishing pinch points where you could see the bottom the entire way across the water and I didn't see anything swimming by.. Let alone fish that WERE there, and just not interested in my presentation.. Let me know how you do.. I'm interested to find out what actually works in that water..

Happy Fishing,
Kyle

C_Run
C_Run
Lots of anchovies in the bay last weekend. You could go get your salmon bait at least.

W
waco
Nesttuca like any other river on the northern coast is very slow!!!

madasahab
madasahab
yup...low and slow or should I say, "no show" :(