Anyone been fishing Siltcoos Lake this year 2012

Q
qwapaw
I plan of fishing Siltcoos Lake the middle of June, and am wondering if anyone has had any luck there this year. I will be there 3 days and may take a day off to crab, but would like to spend some time getting to know the lake again. I really haven't fished there for a long time, other than a little perch fishing for the grand kids. Hope someone has a report, Thanks, Qwapaw (Dan)

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
if the weather is decent, we are planning to hit Siltcoos next week and I will be sure to update you on how we do. We did fairly good crabbing the Siuslaw on Wednesday down by the CG station, it should continue to improve now. cheers, roger

Q
qwapaw
Super, I can't wait to hear. I will post how we do the weekend of June 15-17 when we get back too. I know as a younger person, it was one of the funnest lake to fish. Caught a little of everything everytime I went. Qwa

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Qwapaw- nothing good to report from Siltcoos except a quiet sunny morning with the lake to ourselves. we hit the launch at 6am and trolled around Booth Island and up the Fiddle arm, did not mark many fish except some right in front of the river outlet, C&Red 3 small coho that need to find their way to the ocean, that was about it. 2 other boats with guys tossing lures in the shallows but did not see them catch any. Maple Creek arm also showed almost no fish, did not bother to troll that part of the lake...

C
CoastieFlo
Water is still very cool, not much going on for perch or bass until it warms up. Next week might be warmer but not much and if it keeps raining like it has every other day that wont really matter either.

Q
qwapaw
Thanks for the info. I guess I will play it by ear. I have read that Siltcoos has really gone down hill for a good fishing lake. I hope that is not the case. What are you guys trolling with for trout? Spinner and worm? Anyway thanks again, I'll report what happens next weekend. Tight Lines, Qwa

Q
qwapaw
Are there any Craw Dads in Siltcoos Lake? Maybe I will take my traps if there are? Qwa

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
qwapaw said:
What are you guys trolling with for trout? Spinner and worm? Anyway thanks again, I'll report what happens next weekend. Tight Lines, Qwa

Not sure if they are planting any trout for the weekend, Siltcoos seems to be getting less planted fish than in the past, not sure if this is some sort of strategy to try and improve the Coho season in the Fall.

I was trolling a range of trout gear: wedding rings, '00' silver mepps, black/silver small apex, brass/red cripplure, small silver hildebrand spoon, super duper...some with flashers, some all by themselves on leaded line....the 3 coho came on the 3 underlined lures above and I would not be surprised is some people are keeping them by mistake, they have more spots on them than I would have expected but no color and clearly salmon shaped body...

good fishing