2013 fishing regulations changes Davis Lake, Deschutes county

C
c_chickens
thats right and craine is doin just fine... every1 blamed the largies but yet it was the minnow that did the biggest damage... if anything the bass helped out the trout by the smaller bass eating those sticklebacks..... im just saying r state does nothing for the warm water fishing in oregon and last time i checked ME and plenty of other people did not buy a fishing license for trout fishing:think::think:

Reactions: JeannaJigs
K
Kevinb5688
What was this comment reffering to?
Just asking.
Crane and davis are both amazing lakes that i fish as much as i can ( for trout). And your right, they are not 8 inch stockers. C-chickens is right too. Last year my father in law said crane was as good as he has seen in his lifetime. He has fished there for 40 years. We pulled out 7 trout over 6 lbs. And a lot of 2-3 lb fish. In pervious years you would be lucky to get one 5+ lb fish a year.
So i guess bass didn't hurt it to bad.
I think less money needs to be spent on 8 inch pellet heads, and more money on QUALITY trout fisheries, especially around the eugene to albany stretch. I mean, where can u go to catch crane size trout out of a lake around the eugene- albany area?
Thats why i just stick with steelhead. Lol. Sorry for my rant.

B
bigsteel
c_chickens said:
so what all of you trout people r saying is the state is wasting millions of ****ing dollars stocking all of your pretty little lakes and ponds and rivers......... you trout people r a joke... oregon is the best smallmouth states and dam good large mouth fishing.... just think about all the money the state and local people could make on holding a big tourny....... btw people love to fish for those snakeheads.. looks like a blast.
oregon is NOT a destination BASS fishery,I dont care how much money the state could make off bass tournaments,its not right to dump bass in to what was once a great trout fishery,,with your logic we should just have bass in every lake because it would bring the state lots of money,sorry but that doesn't fly around here.

C
c_chickens
bigsteel said:
oregon is NOT a destination BASS fishery,I dont care how much money the state could make off bass tournaments,its not right to dump bass in to what was once a great trout fishery,,with your logic we should just have bass in every lake because it would bring the state lots of money,sorry but that doesn't fly around here.

never said bass in every lake...btw... im just saying y would we kill something like bass... when r state should worry more about killing more sea-lions.. just me but.. and i dont even fish for salmon steelhead or stregeon.. but its OK to drop some poision in2 a lake....:doh:

B
bigsteel
c_chickens said:
never said bass in every lake...btw... im just saying y would we kill something like bass... when r state should worry more about killing more sea-lions.. just me but.. and i dont even fish for salmon steelhead or stregeon.. but its OK to drop some poision in2 a lake....:doh:

because we shouldnt reward people for illegally dumping bass in a lake that was once a great trout fishery,whats gonna stop johnny bass seed from dumping bass in the next lake?

J
JeannaJigs
Some people's kid's logic...

what the hell does sealions have to do with it. Sealions are native, but we have to spend money In the courts to fight killing them because we built dams that basically provide an all you can eat buffet. Bass were illegally stocked in Davis, crain and wickiup because some d bag bass anglers (I have nothing against bass anglers, just whomever is responsible) decided to play god and create their own fishery. It's time that at least one of these lakes be returned to its natural state of being an amazing TROUT fishery. You know, how it was for decades before the bass.

C
c_chickens
what the hell does sealions have to do with it. Sealions are native, but we have to spend money In the courts to fight killing them because we built dams that basically provide an all you can eat buffet. Bass were illegally stocked in Davis, crain and wickiup because some d bag bass anglers (I have nothing against bass anglers, just whomever is responsible) decided to play god and create their own fishery. It's time that at least one of these lakes be returned to its natural state of being an amazing TROUT fishery. You know, how it was for decades before the bass.[/QUOTE]

they have been in those lakes probably longer then u have been alive.... u make it seem that they grow 5 pounds in a year!! i know plenty of people that go to those lakes for the bass fishing..... sealions r native to the willy... wow... keep drinking your hater-aid

B
bigsteel
c_chickens said:
what the hell does sealions have to do with it. Sealions are native, but we have to spend money In the courts to fight killing them because we built dams that basically provide an all you can eat buffet. Bass were illegally stocked in Davis, crain and wickiup because some d bag bass anglers (I have nothing against bass anglers, just whomever is responsible) decided to play god and create their own fishery. It's time that at least one of these lakes be returned to its natural state of being an amazing TROUT fishery. You know, how it was for decades before the bass.

they have been in those lakes probably longer then u have been alive.... u make it seem that they grow 5 pounds in a year!! i know plenty of people that go to those lakes for the bass fishing..... sealions r native to the willy... wow... keep drinking your hater-aid[/QUOTE]

you obviously dont understand introducing invasive species is ILLEGAL.

just take your comments and emotions and now you feel the exact same as TROUT fishermen did when the bass were illegally introduced.

WHAT IS GONNA STOP THE NEXT GUY FROM PLANTING ANY LAKE HE WANTS TO WITH BASS?

C
c_chickens
u, me and every1 that fishes... we as anglers have 2 teach the younger or people that dont have a clue.... 2 kill the fish in that lake or any other isn't the answer..... its kinda late 2 blame the state for bringing them here???? right????? or carp, brown trout, brook trout! so should they do the same thing they did with devils lake.. add a invasive species to get rid of another..!!!!!!!! oh wait now i understand it:doh:

B
bigsteel
c_chickens said:
u, me and every1 that fishes... we as anglers have 2 teach the younger or people that dont have a clue.... 2 kill the fish in that lake or any other isn't the answer..... its kinda late 2 blame the state for bringing them here???? right????? or carp, brown trout, brook trout! so should they do the same thing they did with devils lake.. add a invasive species to get rid of another..!!!!!!!! oh wait now i understand it:doh:
no you need to teach kids not to dump illegal fish in a waterway

C
c_chickens
tru... it is what it is.. those fish have been in there over 20 years or more and the trout fishing is fine.. also last time i checked there plenty of other great trout lakes rivers and streams!

G
GDBrown
Sinkline said it best and I think we all need to remember it and just move on......

"The ODFW is MANDATED by the Native Fish Conservation Policy of 2002 to manage Davis as a trout only fishery as Bull Trout are know to be in the system. Put another way, the ODFW has no choice even if they wanted to (and the majority don't) keep those bass in there as the NFCP trumps everything!"

We as fishermen need to do what we can to keep our waters clean and free of things (all things) that don't belong there.... Let's not run where we can't go and just get back to feeling the tug on the line.

GD

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
I personaly am against fly-only sections of water, I prefer "restricted gear" water, single barbless no bait... I don't care what a person wants to use- as for lakes, do with them as you wish, there are hundreds of lakes.. do something cool to them, I think it would be nice to see a few fresh water bonefish lakes for guys like John Montana and Drew and Onthefly-
What? Where did this idea come from? Brad, Good thing you're in a place for awhile where there's no internet. It'll give me time to rifle through the forum and clean up your ****.:lol:;)

jamisonace
jamisonace
How is the result of poaching any different than desimating trout populations with invasive bass? Oh, I know....bass are much harder on trout than poachers.
Don't get me wrong, I grew up on the South Umpqua fishing bass and I still love it to this day. But they are a much bigger problem for our native fish than any poachers.

c_chickens said:
wow! look and tell me if a stocked rainbow trout is native.. ....brown trout ..... brook trout... and now tiger trout .... we stock plenty of lakes with dumb 8inch trout.. last time i checked a red-side bull- and cut throat r.... what we need 2 do is stop trying 2 kill fish and put better effort in fighting the people that poach your trout fisherys... people that take more then they should... thats whats killing your trout not bass!!!!! agree 2 disagree.. its a bad move by the state

jamisonace
jamisonace
Really???? They should move out of Oregon if they want to fish bass? And if they don't agree with you or look like you should they find a new place to live as well. I'm surprised to see such an ignorant statement on your post.

brandon4455
brandon4455
GDBrown said:
Sinkline said it best and I think we all need to remember it and just move on......

"The ODFW is MANDATED by the Native Fish Conservation Policy of 2002 to manage Davis as a trout only fishery as Bull Trout are know to be in the system. Put another way, the ODFW has no choice even if they wanted to (and the majority don't) keep those bass in there as the NFCP trumps everything!"

We as fishermen need to do what we can to keep our waters clean and free of things (all things) that don't belong there.... Let's not run where we can't go and just get back to feeling the tug on the line.

GD
x2 Bass fisherman can go ahead and cry about losing the bass in davis, maybe mr. johnny bass seed bucket bio should have thought before he dumped them in there. There are plenty of warmwater places to fish for bass where the safety of wild fish is not a concern.. anyone who wants to bass fish should go to those places. It seems to me the people that fish for these bass want them to stay regardless of the impact on the trout in the lake.. i hope they posion the heck out of the bass for good

C
c_chickens
And when they posion the lake its just gonna kill all of your native trout... and i will LMAO....!!!!!!! hows that going to impact your trout fishery.....!!!! ignorant...... please read what all u trout people r talkn about...... move 2 a bass state... and thats not ignorant! now u sound like a true meat fishermen! (only catch what i can eat):doh::wall:

Reactions: FlyBum and bigsteel
B
bigsteel
c_chickens said:
And when they posion the lake its just gonna kill all of your native trout... and i will LMAO....!!!!!!! hows that going to impact your trout fishery.....!!!! ignorant...... please read what all u trout people r talkn about...... move 2 a bass state... and thats not ignorant! now u sound like a true meat fishermen! (only catch what i can eat):doh::wall:

man you have to be one of theeeeeeee most ignorant people on this forum.

K
Kevinb5688
Reading this post is funny, people take things so serious.
I dont have a side of this argument because i fish crane and the trout fishing has been off the charts the last two years. Bass or no bass.
Davis is not as good for big trout but i have seen two 10+ lb bass caught out of there and it is predicted to be where the next state record bass comes from ( fat from all the trout they eat).
No one has mentioned wikeup, however you spell it. Someone threw bass in there too. I got a 6 lb bass on a raplala out there. I say fix davis however they want but leave the others how they are. Great fishing for both anglers!

brandon4455
brandon4455
Kevinb5688 said:
( fat from all the trout they eat).

that right there is the problem. they will do that in all 3 of those lakes and you can kiss all of the trout goodbye.