1st winter..when will it be?

C_Run
C_Run
Now that the season is changing, and just for fun, when will the first picture of a winter steelhead be posted on the Oregon Fishing Forum?

Post guesses here. There are no prizes.

(My guess is 11/28.)

Reactions: Drew9870
O
OnTheDrop
Ive seen three seperate pictures of some beautys caught the last two weeks..No off'ers tho ha : )

C_Run
C_Run
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Ive seen three seperate pictures of some beautys caught the last two weeks..No off'ers tho ha : )

Guess I'm way OFF.:confused: Was trying to figure it out by looking at last year's threads. Still goes, though...1st picture on OFF, when?

R
RunWithSasquatch
C_Run said:
Guess I'm way OFF.:confused: Was trying to figure it out by looking at last year's threads. Still goes, though...1st picture on OFF, when?

Soon, next week.

W
waco
I'm hoping to get my first one for the season this weekend!!

troutdude
troutdude
I'm predicting tomorrow (Sat. 11/26)...at least as the day the first OFFer catches one.

F
Fish-N-Chips
waco said:
I'm hoping to get my first one for the season this weekend!!

Same here....on a corky/night crawler combo or spawn sack!!:clap:

C_Run
C_Run
troutdude said:
I'm predicting tomorrow (Sat. 11/26)...at least as the day the first OFFer catches one.

Tomorrow is the 19th. Remember (and I don't know who I'm quoting here.) , "If there ain't no picture, it didn't happen."

M
mastercaster
It will be thanksgiving weekend when my son and I limit out with chrome so bright its blinding .

troutdude
troutdude
mastercaster said:
It will be thanksgiving weekend when my son and I limit out with chrome so bright its blinding .

As the unOFFicial Mayor of OFFsville; I will begin a donation campaign to buy you and your son cane's & sunglasses.

M
mastercaster
troutdude said:
As the unOFFicial Mayor of OFFsville; I will begin a donation campaign to buy you and your son cane's & sunglasses.

lol If all goes well we may need them . After taking a few years to learn how to catch them I now feel I am at the upper end of the learning curve . So a couple of succesfull seasons has me feeling pretty cocky . My son was 10 last jan when he hooked and landed his first one made me feel pretty proud when he said it was because he had a good teacher . MC

F
fisherwilly
Hopefully Nov. 23rd when I come back from the coast.:D

S
Steelyfishn
11-20 and I will have a nook with a big belly full of eggs to finish OFF the day

C_Run
C_Run
It's great to see so much optimism. I haven't been that great of a steelheader but am improving. I'm used to thinking of it as something that takes place after New Years even though I know better. I did specify "picture" and not when caught. Sounds like we can expect that to happen pretty soon.

CR

P
plumb2fish
The south coast stream I will be on tomorrow has already given up a few early brats, So if all goes well I will post up a pic for ya'll late tomorrow night.

J
jawjacker
I know of a brand new off member with only 2 post who had a close encounter with a winter steelhead yesterday bummer dude.

P
plumb2fish
cutthroat.jpg
I thought foe sure it was in the bag, but the fish turhed out to be my largest searun cutty to date...23" 4+lbs....

H
halibuthitman
plumb2fish said:
I thought foe sure it was in the bag, but the fish turhed out to be my largest searun cutty to date...23" 4+lbs....

well then that would be "better" than justs a run of the mill winter... great fish!

J
Johnny Southpaw
l'm guessing the first chrome winter steel pic posted on OFF will come middle of next week, lets say Thursday, December 1st. It will be a chrome hen, about 10-12 lbs.

C_Run
C_Run
plumb2fish said:

Heck, that almost qualified.