10/10 Trip?

L
LawyerBob
I'm thinking about trying my luck on the bank of the Wilson this Thursday. Anyone else planning to be be out there? I hear the run's going pretty well. (=

Y
yevgeniy1990
pm'ed

T
troutmasta
LawyerBob said:
I'm thinking about trying my luck on the bank of the Wilson this Thursday. Anyone else planning to be be out there? I hear the run's going pretty well. (=

I'll be there bob.
I wouldve posted but this is a special trip. Where will you be?

L
LawyerBob
I'll be at Mill's Bridge around sun rise tomorrow. Probably stay there for most the day. Tan ball cap, brown waders, crazy big Frankenstein boots. (=

T
troutmasta
i'll c ya tomorrow.

M
markasd
May see ya all there - kickin' em out she is!

C
cddunn
I'm looking forward to a report. I had everything loaded, but chose to sleep in instead.

L
LawyerBob
Water was really nice yesterday. It was overcast with no wind. I got there a little after sunrise. Brought spinners, spoons, and eggs for a slip bobber. I was surprised by how many people were out there on a Thursday. Spoke with many of them. Observed the few that were having some success. I fought a few rocks, trees, and a bush on the opposite bank (lol). Otherwise, it was a learning opportunity.

Turned out the lucky combo for the day was drift gear--the fish were holding and/or traveling as deep as they could. Even for those with the right gear, it was a slow day. I was there 6 hours. Saw two fish get brought in by the same guy. A few others had a handful of bites/bumps but never got a solid hookset.

What kills me is I've presorted all my gear into plastic boxes so I can grab my spinner & spoon / bobber / drift gear box on the way out. But I left the drift gear at home thinking 3 out of 4 techniques should cover the bases. Haha. Live and learn.

T
troutmasta
Hey Bob,
I saw you out there and talked with you twice.
It was a slow day throught the enitre system from what I saw.
I carry everything with me in a Cabelas Tackle box backpack that is stuffed to the Brim. I even have trout gear for when Im having a rough day and need some stockers.
Keep at it. That is a great bank you were on, the rock that we were leaving when you showed up in the morning is a personal fave.

L
LawyerBob
It was nice meeting you and your friend yesterday, Jeff. Better luck next time!

I definitely need to find my tackle backpack. It seems to have taken a long walk, so I had to resort to using my trout bag and a second canvas bag. It's rather awkward to trudge around like that. (=

C
cddunn
LawyerBob said:
What kills me is I've presorted all my gear into plastic boxes so I can grab my spinner & spoon / bobber / drift gear box on the way out. But I left the drift gear at home thinking 3 out of 4 techniques should cover the bases. Haha. Live and learn.

Feel free to "borrow" some drift gear if the opportunity arises. Heck, I practically throw the stuff away, ha.