Opinions on the Teeny Nymph

M
mrlindeman
I tied some of these in purple, pink, natural, and light tan in a size 14, 18 and 10 I think. I must say, they look very buggy and remind me of the critters I see all summer crawling around underwater on the rocks and such. Has anyone here tyed, or fished these little guys. I think they would make a great point fly on a tandom rig with a prince nymph. I will be trying them in a steelhead variation in december for winters :) :dance: Next june I will be tossin these little guys all over the place for trout :)

F
FlyBum
It's amazing how well simple flies work. Just like soft hackles like purple and partridge or other patterns that use just a few materials. :)

M
Markcanby
I know OTF ties some but I like the variations in those pics better.

Reactions: eggs
troutdude
troutdude
I've caught dozens and dozens of trout on those...especially the top 2 colors in those pics. Plus, the top one in black as well. The only fly that has outfished those, for me, is the same colors of Woolly Buggers. And a tandem set of a bugger AND a Teeny nymph...WHOA...DOUBLES ACTION!!!

I recently saw them tied in pink, for the first time. I'd LOVE to try them in pink for Summers!

O
OnTheFly
I fished the dark green nymph style (w/no wing) last summer on East Lake where they were developed and caught my first kokanee with them. I've been told steelhead like them as well.

brandon4455
brandon4455
i would rather just nymph big attractors and glo bugs/other egg patterns then any variation of the teeny nymph, just my opinion though. i know a lot of people say they work but eh...just personal prefference i guess. i might be up for trying them in a lake for trout, especially in the the color olive,but not for salmon and steelhead

Last edited:
T
tnffishman
Teenys are my main fly, I've caught hundreds of coho and chinook on larger sized teeny nymphs. This summer I also caught quite a few summers on them. They are easy to tie, and work great

Reactions: OnTheFly
B
bigsteel
teeny nymphs are good,,jim teeny is not good though

brandon4455
brandon4455
bigsteel said:
teeny nymphs are good,,jim teeny is not good though

yeah he's a flosser/snagger. was going to point that out as well but didn't want to ruffle any feathers possibly :lol:

S
skunk
brandon4455 said:
yeah he's a flosser/snagger. was going to point that out as well but didn't want to ruffle any feathers possibly :lol:

:). That fly is sweet though!!!

M
mrlindeman
He is? Thats crazy!! I didn't even know that. Where did you find this info? I want to check it out.

H
halibuthitman
brandon4455 said:
not really a big fan of teeny or any of his garbage I would like to point out this statement on a public forum does not fall under your right to free speech... its slander, and unless you can **** a criminal charge on him or a link to one you could find yourself getting sued... sooooo has he been busted and convicted of flossing? or does he just catch too many fish for his own good?

C
ChezJfrey
halibuthitman said:
not really a big fan of teeny or any of his garbage I would like to point out this statement on a public forum does not fall under your right to free speech... its slander, and unless you can **** a criminal charge on him or a link to one you could find yourself getting sued... sooooo has he been busted and convicted of flossing? or does he just catch too many fish for his own good?

Just to bust your chops a little, slander is spoken/heard, libel is written/read. ;)

You're correct that neither fall under free speech and can result in lawsuit.

H
halibuthitman
well there ya go then... I don't like the fella much either, but frankly this burning hatered for flossing in a country that still allows barbed hooks, drift fishing and worms is tiresome, boring and stupid... high-jack over-

T
tnffishman
I had heard stories from several guys on the river that he has snagged fish. But I am not gonna base my ENTIRE opinion on second hand info. Bottom line is he came up with a great pattern that's effective.

troutdude
troutdude
There ya go...back on track now. Thanks for directing the traffic Brad!

M
mrlindeman
Wow Thats why I asked. If there was any info on him snagging. Look... WE ALL foul hook fish by accident at some time in our lives. Its doing it intentionally that changes things. The fact that not only did I get an outside opinion from someone that has never fished this nymph and had to splatter their own opinion over a person AND NOT THE PATTERN!!!!!!! is a huge disrespect and just plain rude. I dont give a half a SH%^ about the person behind the pattern. I asked about any ones opinion on the effectiveness of the PATTERN. This is a shame.

Thank you to hitman, tnffishman & trout Dude for trying to steer this post back into a good direction. I appreciate it.

Last edited:
T
tnffishman
mrlindeman said:
Wow Thats why I asked. If there was any info on him snagging. Look... WE ALL foul hook fish by accident at some time in our lives. Its doing it intentionally that changes things. The fact that not only did I get an outside opinion from someone that has never fished this nymph and had to splatter their own opinion over a person AND NOT THE PATTERN!!!!!!! is a huge disrespect and just plain rude. I dont give a half a SH%^ about the person behind the pattern. I asked about any ones opinion on the effectiveness of the PATTERN. This is a shame.

Thank you to hitman, tnffishman & trout Dude for trying to steer this post back into a good direction. I appreciate it.
I think that was a little over the top. It's a great fly

M
mrlindeman
I know but my blood pressure went up and I had to vent man. Im sorry.

M
Markcanby
In Brandon's defence he is just a dumb kid repeating words from his hero that from time to time can be brash an ignorant.

Reactions: brandon4455