Trillium lake trout fishing

M
michael_g
20140504_174907.jpg20140504_184826.jpgI hiked in the two miles. Gate still locked. There is still a little snow, and a few trees across road. After a 40 min hike I arrived at campground boat launch. First three casts yielded three fish. The big one hit hard immediatly. 5 fish caught in 35 min. I only fished a short streach. I can say the fish are hungry. I got some new rainbow garlic eggs, and they work well. 20140504_175011.jpg also thanks to FRITZ for the early/ice fishin report. I always jones to get to Trillium, so this year I'm on it. You all have a good en! The top fish is just over 14, and plump.

J
JonT
Thanks. Where do you park to hike in?

JT

M
michael_g
20140504_175305.jpgYou park at the snow park accross from snow bunny. It is pay to winter park until may 1st. You all have a good en!

T
twout
Trillium thrillium

Have good en.

B
bagold53
Nice I wish I had the foratude to hike just 2 miles with a pontoon on my back to get down there. Glad someone did.

M
michael_g
5/5/14

5/5/14

20140505_113853.jpg two nice ens. Lil slow, but awesone to finally see mountain. You all have a good en!

M
michael_g
As to the gate? It being locked is a good thing. The first stocking for thrillium is next week. Some truck will be going down there? As a matter, I seen fresh tire tracks, someone has access? Soon enough. Come early and enjoy the beautiful lake, and mt hood. You all have a good en! The fish are ready, how's bout you? later that day. At approx 4:20 mon afternoon, I caught my first trillium hawg of 2014! This makes my trout total of 510 fish landed. Boom a smaller fish! 15. more thrills to come. I left the 17 incher at lake. Come and get em! One last note for 5/5/14, the new rainbow power eggs with garlic are killin the big ens. The powerbait doughs are attracting everything. So if ya don't want to catch small ones? use garlic eggs.

Last edited:
M
michael_g
20140506_073212~3.jpg fish are still biting. Weather is cold & crappy. Fish are hungry & stupid! Hitting the power's of bait, Hard! You all have a good en!

Last edited:
T
troutmasta
There are cabins down that road that people live in.
Nice fishes!

J
JonT
Nice fish! Gonna get out there soon.

M
michael_g
Last picture before I left. You all have a good en!

Last edited:
T
twout
OK Michael come on back and leave your down jacket and snowshoes at home, gates open and it 80 degrees...

M
michael_g
Ive been here since monday. Fishin is slow. Clear lake is poppin. Caught 25 at clear. Nice brooky. You all have a good en!

T
twout
You fishing clear lake from the bank? Maybe I'll head that way in the morning.

M
michael_g
The dam was awesome. Panthers/ blue fox lures. You all have a good en!

M
michael_g
Trillium stockin for week of 12th. Moved to next week, due to snow. As of 5 wed@ trout hotline. See ya at clear lake. You all have a good en! 20140513_070648.jpg

S
Seahawkfan
michael_g said:
Trillium stockin for week of 12th. Moved to next week, due to snow. As of 5 wed@ trout hotline. See ya at clear lake. You all have a good en!

Do you have a link for the info?

T
twout
Great that works out better for me.
Thanks for the update, Michael.

M
michael_g
20140514_184047~2.jpg Trout stockin hotline. 971 673 6000. New info after two each weekday. Clear lake is hot. Caught 20 in two hours. You all have a good en!

Last edited:
T
troutmasta
Seahawkfan said:
Are you talking about the Clear lake on MT Hood?

Yes he is