Your opinion of a couple of well known brown plugs please

K
kaimuki49
could u all give me some feedback of your opinions of Alan Cole plugs and also those made by Trophy Sticks - both small California companies, both run by fellas who fish the good lakes here in addition to Calif and NV. thanks for your thoughts

T
Throbbit _Shane
iv heard good things about the trophy sticks being fished here.

T
Thuggin4Life
I wish these lures would remain a secret and everyone would stick to rapalas. I for one would never use one and don't allow them in the boat and no way would they catch a fish ever, never.

K
kaimuki49
plugs for browns

plugs for browns

Thuggin4Life said:
I wish these lures would remain a secret and everyone would stick to rapalas. I for one would never use one and don't allow them in the boat and no way would they catch a fish ever, never.

Thuggin - could you elaborate on that some please. why do u think they would never catch and why are they not allowed in your boat? i try to use a broad range of plugs - rapala, yozuri, rebel, some japan customs, alan cole, and trophy sticks - and really appreciate feed back from others. thanks

L
liquidplumber
Ssssshhh.!

H
halibuthitman
Thuggin4Life said:
true dat! especially with the 2 rod license now, if during ice out you ran one at 20' of a rigger and another on leadcore around 10' you probably would catch nothing all day! LONG LIVE THE RAPALLA! he he he:rolleyes:

K
kaimuki49
ac or trophy sticks opinion

ac or trophy sticks opinion

halibuthitman said:
true dat! especially with the 2 rod license now, if during ice out you ran one at 20' of a rigger and another on leadcore around 10' you probably would catch nothing all day! LONG LIVE THE RAPALLA! he he he:rolleyes:

i must be ultra simple, but i dont get the replies i have gotten. it appears that the brown and rainbow fishermen dont think much of ac or trophy sticks then? has anyone used them? i am interested in knowing what a broad sample of fishermen thought of those plugs. thanks

H
halibuthitman
we are being idiots... they work as well as any fake plastic fish out on the market... NOTHING works as well as putting ANYTHING in the right depth at the right speed in front of an active fish.. like small chunks of brass like a dick nite will just kill em... in the right depth at the right speed.

T
Thuggin4Life
I think everyone may be leaning toward the pm i sent you....

K
kaimuki49
OK i understand. In any case, I have had great success the past 2 yrs at East and Paulina and Wickiup using the line of plugs made by the Haru Bakatari Comp of Osaka, Japan. They are half hard and half limp, exquisitely colored and finished, and have action that both small and large browns can not resist.

T
Thuggin4Life
Gonna have to check them out