Your help is needed....

F
FishFinger
Tomorrow is a very big day and I need your help....

MeLuvTrout and I are hitting the Columbia, err-lee and hopes are high that tomorrow MLT will hook, fight, net, boat, and have his picture taken with a summer steelhead.

Not for lack of trying "Mel" has yet to "officially" have his picture taken with a fish of his own. So far this year he has been sooo close it hurts, yet nada jpeg to show for his efforts... (ok, ok, his avi is legit, and in the throws of an epic fight but.... )

I need everyone who reads this to.. start a prayer tree, do fish a dance, bite the head of a herring (which I'll have on board.. hee hee) or any other natural or unnatural act designed to get this guy a picture with his fish.

In all honesty it dosen't have to be a keeper... He's eaten fresh fish this year.

It all about the photo op! He needs proof beyond photoshop.

So the table is almost set for absolute success.. We just need the power of mass positive thinkin' to push this thing over the edge....

Oh and while your thinkin' of him, give him the strength to handle the butt whoopin I'm going to hand at backgammon between the strikes. If he is really lucky, hot fishing action will save him from even having to play at all....

So you all know, since you've read this your now vested in his success.... If he strikes out and looses all day at backgammon; yes it will be my fault, but will also be yours...

This can not be his legacy......

DSCN0718.jpg

we want one where the fish is not upside down..lol

So call your freinds and everyone take a few seconds out of your day tomorrow and chant.. mel.... mel.... mel... mel... mel... mel... mel... mel....

K
Kodiak
I'll get out the beachball, show ponies, and midgets. Works like a charm.:cool:

A
autofisher
Kodiak said:
I'll get out the beachball, show ponies, and midgets. Works like a charm.:cool:

I've heard of this show pony and midget routine of yours..... It hasn't worked for me so far:lol:
Take a hula skirt, a rubber squeeky toy and a cheese grater. The ceremony is sacred and if you screw it up you'll get skunked. Don't ask me how to do it cause I haven't gotten a steelie to the bank yet this year. I just hear that it's Kodiak's back up plan.

F
Fishtopher
Oh man...Im dyin here....pics like that make OFF....GREAT!:lol:

O
osmosis
Tell him that when he bites off the head of the herring he can't spit it out! you gotta chew it up and swallow!
Hope you guys find some fish tomorrow! (stay outta my hole :D)

I got a trip on monday, so let me know how you did.

D
dude young
Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
dude, That was hilarious

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Get 'em tigers

Get 'em tigers

mel mel mel mel mel mel mel mel mel mel mel mel mel mel mel mel mel mel mel mel
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
lem lem lem lem lem lem lem lem lem lem lem lem lem lem lem lem lem lem lem lem

gotcha covered,forward and backward.

Be safe.
Barb

T
Troutier Bassier
:dance:
Remeber the Oranges!
can't forget the Oranges and Ipod/Zune.

M
meluvtrout
Oh! I was going to give you the "senior" discount for backgammon, but after this thread you're so getting your butt whooped Mr FF!!! I'll whoop you soo bad that from Astoria to Idaho anyone and everyone will hear you screaming like a girl and feel sorry for you!

Get ready, you have 4 more hours to play/learn online, then I'll teach you how you should really play this game!

And if I can't hook a steelhead tomorrow, drop me off at Costco, I'm buying a barrell of Lemon Joy. I wonder if they have body lotions as well?

See you at 4.30!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Give it up!

Give it up!

Well?? :cool: Who whupped whom?? :shock:;):D:lol:

Be safe.
Barb

F
FishFinger
The win went to the wind.... Pushed us up river and off anchor all morning. In spite of my high hopes it was an impossable outing.

As far as the backgammon, I'm not one to rub salt in "anothers" open wounds. So, let just say he can have his rematch(s) anytime.....

O
osmosis
Uh oh! :D

Sucks to hear you got blown all over the river, I was hoping for some serious photo's of upside down fish!

K
Kodiak
Terrible thing those backgamon losses. I'm hoping it wasn't the wind making the dice roll funny!:D

F
FishFinger
To be honest, in a lot of ways I feel I let my little buddy down. I have a lot of skipper skillz to refine still. A east wind would have been easier to control, but the west wind at the stern gave us fits. We had sea anchors, buckets and even ran the kicker in reverse to hold our position.

I spoke with Osmosis after his wind event last Tues. I had "contingency" plans worked out but the weather could not be overcome. We even abandoned the double Lu and plunked from the bank w/o any luck.

4 hrs into the misery I called my back up guru Captn' Mike and got news that there was zero wind at the airport and for the last two daze he had been killin' steel at the mouth of the Cowlitz.

We trailer up and sped west to Chinook Landing for a Hail Mary off the mouth of the Sandy. We opted to anchor north of buoy 46 @ Camas, at the height of the out going tidal effect. Not the most productive time on the river.

The Backgammon tourny happened there. And "Yes" it was hot and "Yes" he looked a bit sun baked in the 90 degree heat.... You know mother nature seems to play games too.

The most stinging statement of the day had to be.... "Gee maybe I need to go with my I*ish friends." Like I can't deliver or something... lol

I think he should have to carry both our limits of Coho out of Cedar Creek this year for such a statement..... With a little (ok total) luck that might be....hummmm 12 fish!

Last edited:
O
osmosis
:D don't you mean YOUR 6 fish? He's got a fierce skunk on his back!
Ifish buddies huh? Bad Mel...

I've also heard folks are doing well at the mouth of the cow, when are we goin? Your boat or mine?

F
Fishtopher
I*ish friends huh....make that 18 fish.

I think I see a wheelbarrow in your future Ali....:lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
I saw you guys, Above the sandy, I was SmallMouth Fishing.

M
meluvtrout
I'm sorry guys, but I had to bite the bullet and had to do this; I'm moving in to a salmonid skunk rehabilitation center tomorrow morning where I will be served Omega-3 rich meals, receive daily Lemon Joy sponge baths and will be watching A River Runs Through It, 6 times a day before and after each meal! This skunk has to go away! I should be out right around Coho season.