Your favorite 1960's cartoon characters

troutdude

troutdude

Okay. Seems like it's time to start a new "fun" thread. So, here's the deal:

Name one of your favorite 1960's cartoon character(s). For even more fun, name their sidekick(s) and / or villian's in the show. And for those who weren't yet around back then...we'll count it if you've only seen re-runs or syndicated shows LOL.

Here's mine for example:

Rocky (main character)

Bullwinkle (side kick)

Boris & Natasha (villians)

Next???............

H

Herefishyfishy

Hands down.....Fred Flinstone and his sidekick Barney Rubble! There is a Winston commercial on youtube that aired in the 60's with Fred and Barney taking a winston break, it's crazy!

Last edited:
R

rickman

Foghorn and Leghorn. (The big rooster and the dog)

F

Fishtopher

The earliest cartoon I can remember watching (it might be from the early 70 or 60's?!) is Roger Ramjet!!

Roger Ramjet he's our man,
Hero of our Nation,
For his adventures just be sure,
And stay tuned to this station!

Villian's were Noodle Romanoff??, and Tequila Mockingbird....I THINK!!

That is my earliest memory of any cartoon E V E R. Then comes Woody Woodpecker, and Smurfs. Born in '80 so what do ya expect!!

B

boomstick

Even though I wasn't born in the sixties, I grew up watching all the older cartoons and batman-bowinkle and that clay boy and his dog. I defintely love Mach Go Go Go=Speed Racer and although his brother and chimp and sidekicks. I pick Trixie as the sick kick I like best. A girl with an attitude.

Edit: Davey & Goliath. Had to think bout that one.

Last edited:
C

Coho Kid

Awww,come on now. Who can forget Yogi and his lil pal Boo-boo? Yogi's only enemy was the Park Ranger and of course an empty "pic-a-nic basket".

I must second Raincatcher on Yogi. Who could imagine a better life than catching fish and stealing picnic baskets?

K

kmleopard

I liked Popeye, but I could never see why he had a thing for Olive Oil??? I think he and Bluto should've been fighting over Daphney from Scooby-Doo. And, I am not sure if the Popeye cartoon was a sinister plot by the spinach farmers of America, but it didn't work . . . I still hate spinach!!!

troutdude

troutdude

The earliest cartoon I can remember watching (it might be from the early 70 or 60's?!) is Roger Ramjet!!

Roger Ramjet he's our man,
Hero of our Nation,
For his adventures just be sure,
And stay tuned to this station!

Villian's were Noodle Romanoff??, and Tequila Mockingbird....I THINK!!

That is my earliest memory of any cartoon E V E R. Then comes Woody Woodpecker, and Smurfs. Born in '80 so what do ya expect!!

Wow man. You done good to remember all of those lyrics; just from the re-runs!

troutdude

troutdude

Agreed. And let's not forget about Space Ghost, Jason and Jana...and Blip the Monkey.

Plus, my Saturday's were well spent also watching:

The Herculoids

Underdog, Sweet Polly Purebred, and Simon Bar Sinister

Tennesse Tuxedo & Chumley

Go Go Gophers

Tom Terrific

Mr. Wizard

and life would not have been complete without Bugs Bunny and friends (Daffy Duck, Tasmanian Devil, Sylvester & Tweety, Heckle & Jeckle, Chip & Dale, Roadrunner & Wiley Coyote, etc)!

Top Bottom