Your Biggest Fish?

T
tnffishman
Just curious to hear what everyones biggest fish caught is. A pic would be great but a story of how and where you got it would be awesome too

Well I'll start it OFF. My biggest was a 45lb tule:rolleyes: outta big creek about 8 years ago. I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow of it.

Can't wait to hear from other OFF'ers:dance::D:dance:

M
Mike123
38 or 39lb Fall chinook out of Siletz.. first time ever fishing for Fall Chinook. Bobber and eggs. That's why I'm hooked. lol.
Have to scan the pic onto my computer tomorrow.

Biggest steelhead I've landed was with JeannaJigs on the Alsea last winter.. a guestimate of 16lbs.. native..

I hooked a HUGE nook last year on the Alsea in October.. I'm guessing it was over 40lbs.. blacker than tar. But the fight was insane. Never got to land it.

Hopefully this will be the year.

S
STIKTIME
The biggest salmon that I've caught was right at 30 lbs and a couple of others close to that. My biggest steelhead is the one I have for my picture. My buddies and I are guessing it was close to 20 lbs. It was a nate so I took a Quicky and sent him on his way

D
Drew9870
I was about 13-14 years old trolling for Chinooks out off Newport in the ocean when my grandpa and his buddy were stopping the boat to net a fish. I had let my hoochie and herring (I believe it was, definitely had herring) start falling under the boat, once it settled for a little bit, I had a massive take. I had to actually hand the rod off for a moment, but after a long fight and a good chase, I had brought a 6 foot Blue Shark to the side of the boat, hooked in the corner of the mouth with about 30-40lb Braid (no steel leader). Clipped the line since it would have been ''a little'' tricky to get the hook out. Also caught a 35lb bright Chinook the first time I went out in a boat in the ocean.

F
fishnquest
83" Sturgeon last year on the sacramento river. Too big to get into a picture. I have pics of the head somewhere and a video of it somewhere. The video is pretty cool, lots of boats gathered around for the show while I was fighting it.

R
rippin fish lips
Biggest fish i have caught on my own were the two 10 pound coho i got not to long ago, i set the rod to the depth, rigged it and everything and got my own fish The guide only drove the boat, it was awesome! Biggest fish i have handed to me and landed and hooked legally was about a 20 pound nook below dexterdam.

Irishrover
Irishrover
The biggest fish I ever caught? Well it really came up to the boat on it's own just to see who owned the hook that was stuck in its mouth. A few years ago I was anchored at the Horsetail Falls hole on the Columbia. I was out there with a buddy of mine relaxing, sturgeon fishing. Once you anchor and get your fishing line out, sturgeon fish is all about relaxing. After a couple hours or hardcore relaxing I noticed the tip of my rod doing what it does when a shaker hits your bait. I set the hook and began to reel in the shaker....then the shaker turned into an oversize fish and began pulling the line off my reel. We tossed the anchor line so we could stay with the fish. Sometime later after fighting the fish we began to gain on it and I could tell it was coming up. I did not know how big it was so I told my buddy to get ready to put a rope on its tail (incase it was a big legal at that time you could keep a 72" fish). The fish came to the surface and up along side my 22' boat. The fish was half the lenght of the boat bout 11'. It was almost scarry looking at that big fish. My buddy said no way I'm not putting a rope on that thing you do it.:lol: I thanked the fish for coming up to visit and cut the line. I'm sure to this day that the fish came up on his own just to see who was messing with him.;) Wish I had brought a camera.....no picture so now this is just a fish story!

Last edited:
W
wozniasm
I'm new at this but this is my first salmon caught since relocating here. It doesn't hold a handle to your big ones but I was happy with catching one on the first time out on the Columbia.

T
the salmon kid
My biggest salmon was a 49 lb faller at Raine falls my biggest steel head was 16lbs off tueville bridge with a worm
and the biggest all around fish mas a 195 lb alligator gar bow fishing in texas in the mud river