Younge boy drowns

M

Moe

:(I was fishing at rooster rock park and was on a picknick with a big group of people. I heard a lot of commotion and a four year old boy from somalia had drowned. I actualy knew the person and it was heartbreaking seeing him just laying there covered in sand. My sister did CPR but he was gone. Life flight got there but it was too late. I stopped fishing and the family was traumatized. It was the first person I saw dead. It hurt to just feel helpless as you can't do any thing. A man pulled the boy out after he heaqrd every one yelling. I thank him for that. Please have the boy and his family in your prayers:pray::pray::pray::(

M

Mike123

Oh man that is really horrible... I'm sorry for that. :(

B

bigdog

That is horrible and for someone at such a younge age to loose the short life they have had let alone anyone. The water is a dangerous place to play no matter how fun it is people need to be aware and carefull while on the water.

My thoughts and heart go out to the family and loved ones.

CJ

W

waco

im really sorry about this!!! this is just sad how a really yung boy drawn!!! i can't imagine been there and even worst knowing that person!!! Prays for him!!

troutdude

troutdude

Moe, so very sorry for the loss of your young friend. And you are so young to have been a witness. If you need to talk, we are all here for you little buddy.

God bless the man that pulled him out of the water. He did his best. So, did your sister. I'm glad that she knows CPR and tried her best. But sometimes doctors lose patients too, even with years and years of training and hands-on experience.

We are praying for you and your family, along with that little boy's family too. Keep your chin up, and do your best to find something good in what has happened (like remembering good times that you may have had w/ that little dude).

If you feel down about things, remember those good times. And try to focus on the tragedy. Also find someone you can talk to when you need it; and don't forget we are here for you too.

May God smile upon you and everyone involved today my friend!

Jay

B

bigsteel

my prayers go out for the family,,,,,,,,,,,,,im sorry you had to see something like this,,,,,let me know if you need anything bro

D

Duckgrl

Moe,
I'm so sorry to hear about the tragedy.
I work for KATU-TV and we're doing a river safety story today.
Could you email me at sharding@Katu.com.
There have been four drownings in the last 24 hrs so
we're trying to get the word out.

Thanks,
Susan Harding

T

Thuggin4Life

Very sorry to hear about this intire situation and to have seen this being so young will be with you forever. sorry for the families loss as well. healing is a long journey.

troutdude

troutdude

Moe, healing comes with time. And it's okay to grieve (even shed some tears). It is a natural process.

Hang in there buddy.

troutdude

troutdude

Moe,

Thanks,
Susan Harding

Hi Susan,

Welcome to OFF. I watch your reports all the time. I hope that your new safety story will save some lives this year.

C

capblack

thats a horrible thing to see, but imagine being the person responsible for him, or worse his parents. People need to remember, when your around any body of water and you have young kids, or kids that can't swim well, your attention should be 100 percent on them, it only takes a second. every time i go to any body of water i see parents more worried about the fun time they are having and not watching kids close enough. If you want to have a good time, get a sitter dont take them to the water. Brian

M

Moe

I just got OFF the phone with susan and a reporter will come over to my house so they can have a story on the news. I am going to say that rooster rock park needs to have a designated swim area and a life guard like blue lake. One of the reasons he got stuck was of the mudy areawhere people were swimming, and he got stuck in the mud, and murky water caused it to be hard to find the boy under water. The parks electronic CPR machine wouldnt work, and I think if it had worked the boy may have lived. Today was the funeral and I got another look at him as us teens and young adults carried him into the car to be taken to corvalis where he is being barried. He looked so peaceful.....

B

bigsteel

im glad the boy had a good funeral,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good for you for gettin out spreading the news about the situatiion,,,,,,i hope they have a designated swim area......

F

Finneus Polebender

Moe,

Thanks,
Susan Harding

My mom told me the same about the 4 drownings Moe you and yours ar e in our prayers one of the hardest and most helpless situations a person can be in ! Seems to happen every year with the heat waves , very important work Susan to get this word out life jackets on every kid every time so many of these tragedys could be avoided.