You didn't catch anything either I bet...

M
masmith
No one caught a thing today. Obviously there were a handful caught, but check the forums, fishing reports, everything- it was dead today.

My theory is that the barometer changed, or the radical change from heavy rain to sun killed the bite.

A
Anyfishisfine
Very dead today.

T
tnffishman
haha. yah, where were you fishing? I hooked a lot of fish today, all dark, but a lot of fish

M
metalmania
Landed 6 in 1 1/2 hours, it wasn't totally dead:D. There weren't many fish on the move though. Just right eggs, right time.

M
Markcanby
Nice If you dont mind where an with what I an trying to start fly fishing for the evil salmon.:lol:

T
tnffishman
Markcanby said:
Nice If you dont mind where an with what I an trying to start fly fishing for the evil salmon.:lol:

I got most of mine on a home-tied olive nymph

W
wormosa
tnffishman said:
haha. yah, where were you fishing? I hooked a lot of fish today, all dark, but a lot of fish
nice job !!

B
Bohemian
tnffishman said:

Looks like you had a fun day! :clap::clap::clap:

T
Troutier Bassier
Aww man. Shouldve went fishing.

B
bigdog
The better thing to ask is did anyone hook in to anything worth bonking?

M
masmith
so one person caught some dying fish, anyone else?

M
metalmania
bigdog said:
The better thing to ask is did anyone hook in to anything worth bonking?

Yep, bonked 1 c@r'd the rest. Landed a hen I had already caught 2 times before:lol:. EC definitly has a few in there worth bonking, but like you say "just gotta work for em";)

B
bigdog
metalmania said:
Yep, bonked 1 c@r'd the rest. Landed a hen I had already caught 2 times before:lol:. EC definitly has a few in there worth bonking, but like you say "just gotta work for em";)

Thats for sure you do have to work for them. The low water this year really messed up the fishing on EC. I'm sure there is some keepers in there but I'm thinking it's going to be something like 1 out of every 50 or more.

M
metalmania
bigdog said:
Thats for sure you do have to work for them. The low water this year really messed up the fishing on EC. I'm sure there is some keepers in there but I'm thinking it's going to be something like 1 out of every 50 or more.

Yep the EC run is fubar, but i've managed to find a bunch in amongst the darkies. It's not quite 1/50 anymore, but ya there's not many:(. Still fun to c@r.

B
bigdog
metalmania said:
Yep the EC run is fubar, but i've managed to find a bunch in amongst the darkies. It's not quite 1/50 anymore, but ya there's not many:(. Still fun to c@r.

Always fun to CR thats for sure. I have been turning all my work to the sandy this year though with EC being the way it is this year. Last year it was full of silvers.

M
metalmania
bigdog said:
Always fun to CR thats for sure. I have been turning all my work to the sandy this year though with EC being the way it is this year. Last year it was full of silvers.

I skipped the run last year to hunt, looks like I picked the wrong year to skip:lol:.

B
bigdog
metalmania said:
I skipped the run last year to hunt, looks like I picked the wrong year to skip:lol:.

Yeah if you only fish EC you did :lol:

M
metalmania
bigdog said:
Yeah if you only fish EC you did :lol:

I fish the sandy a bit to, but it's hard to pull myself off that little creek.

B
bigdog
metalmania said:
I fish the sandy a bit to, but it's hard to pull myself off that little creek.

Yeah I know what you mean. Everyone knows I haven't been at the salmon fishing for very long and last year I spent most the time trying to learn EC and this year had to force myself to learn more of the sandy. Have to say I'm happy I did though. Been a good year so far on the sandy.

M
metalmania
bigdog said:
Yeah I know what you mean. Everyone knows I haven't been at the salmon fishing for very long and last year I spent most the time trying to learn EC and this year had to force myself to learn more of the sandy. Have to say I'm happy I did though. Been a good year so far on the sandy.

It's a great little creek, but I to have began to venture more to the sandy. This is my first year fishing the sandy and aside from the scenery it's not a bad river. Can't belive it took me so long to make the trip over there.