Yo bait fisherman

C
colbypearson
This sucks.

172849_1411771113224_1800903334_774028_4341734_o.jpg

edit- not all bait fisherman carelessly litter like this i dont want to offend anyone by using the broad statement "bait fisherman".

Last edited:
L
loftis13
unbelivable!!! were is that at?

C
colbypearson
loftis13 said:
unbelivable!!! were is that at?

expo pond the back one with the amphitheater, peepees me off................. you think thats bad its only february wait till summer its sickening...

Last edited by a moderator:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Wow... I'll add some more just for good measure:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

S
skunk
I think it stems form how they were raised! Poor genes. Not bait fisherpeople, just the sloppy ones.

B
bigsteel
I agree colby,i am sick and tired of walking on bait containers..these are the reasons why public fishing areas get shut down

C
colbypearson
bigsteel said:
I agree colby,i am sick and tired of walking on bait containers..these are the reasons why public fishing areas get shut down

im sick of it....... it floats away from where theyre fishing and from there on its out of sight out of mind, THE SECOND I LAUNCHED MY FLOAT TUBE MY FEET GOT TANGLED IN HEAVY BRAID.........:mad::mad:

C
colbypearson
skunk said:
I think it stems form how they were raised! Poor genes. Not bait fisherpeople, just the sloppy ones.

ya bad fisher people, real bad fisherpeople what is a fisherperson that does this to theyre waters.... A BAD ONE!

troutdude
troutdude
Uh hem...I often use bait. But, I clean up ALL of my trash...plus, I often pack out the crap that others leave behind. Please don't make a blanket statement, that all bait fisherpeeps leave trash behind. NOT all of us do.

A comment like that, is akin to saying that all peeps from your hometown are arse holes. 10-4?

C
colbypearson
troutdude said:
Uh hem...I often use bait. But, I clean up ALL of my trash...plus, I often pack out the crap that others leave behind. Please don't make a blanket statement, that all bait fisherpeeps leave trash behind. NOT all of us do.

A comment like that, is akin to saying that all peeps from your hometown are arse holes. 10-4?

i could have titled the thread something different but i was pretty peepeed when i posted that. still am, i see where your coming from and understand but next time you see that mess at a place you really enjoy to spend your time at think about it... want to know how often i see artifical baits littering the ground, not that often but how many countless worm cans ( atleast 8 worm can's in that one picture of a 5' stretch of bank in that or scraps from those or styrofoam coolers) i see float by a lot and normally its the bank fisherman who are using bait who come with the fountain drink cups, beer cans and the bottles too. it was a broad statement i apologize but it doesn't change anything... so to rephrase- a good chunk of bait fisherman in southern oregon need to pick your crap up.

Last edited by a moderator:
B
Bad Tuna
I agree, it's disgusting that people have no respect for our resources. I believe it's actually a social/economic problem. Pure laziness. I always carry a few plastic grocery bags in my backpack to pick up such garbage. Although people like us don't make the mess, it's up to is to pick it up, or were just as bad as they are for walking around it. My .02

troutdude
troutdude
colbypearson said:
i could have titled the thread something different but i was pretty pissed when i posted that. still am, i see where your coming from and understand but next time you see that mess at a place you really enjoy to spend your time at think about it... want to know how often i see artifical baits littering the ground, not that often but how many countless worm cans ( atleast 8 worm can's in that one picture of a 5' stretch of bank in that or scraps from those or styrofoam coolers) i see float by a lot and normally its the bank fisherman who are using bait who come with the fountain drink cups, beer cans and the bottles too. it was a broad statement i apologize but it doesn't change anything... so to rephrase- a good chunk of bait fisherman in southern oregon need to pick your crap up.

Thank you Colby. And as a sixth generation Oregonian, I really DO understand. I totally hate it when peeps do not respect our outdoor environment. I also think it is a sign of our socioeconomic times. Many peeps are just plain lazy and ignornant. What really gets my goat, is when their is a trash can on their way back to their cars--or when a trash can is only 10 feet from where they dropped everything.

N
Ntofishing
troutdude said:
.... What really gets my goat, is when their is a trash can on their way back to their cars--or when a trash can is only 10 feet from where they dropped everything.

The funny thing is that there are trash cans all over this pond. It is pure lazyness to not pick up after yourselves no matter what you are fishing with. My biggest pet peeve is when they let the kids play in the water (throw rocks/go swimming) when there are fishermen all over trying to catch something.

N
nwkiller
wow, amazing how "us fisherman" can be so disrespectful to the areas we love. and I say us fisherman, because we are all memebers of the same team, we need to all work together in stopping this discusting display of waste.....makes me picture a group of snaggers....

P
Phil_Bud
colbypearson said:
PICK UP YOUR CRAP!!!!

Only one thing we could do...being that these are our home ponds...GO PICK IT UP...a raft and a net and we could do it...Im willing to if you are...maybe do some fishing afterwards...lol...but no one else is gunna do it and the fish dont deserve that so...think about it.

N
Noahk
I wonder if the bait companies could also switch to a more green/biodegradable container? I always pick up my but there will always be some jackasses that don't!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Phil_Bud said:
Only one thing we could do...being that these are our home ponds...GO PICK IT UP...a raft and a net and we could do it...Im willing to if you are...maybe do some fishing afterwards...lol...but no one else is gunna do it and the fish dont deserve that so...think about it.

not a bad idea. im down. kokanne power of oregon, cleans them once a year i think. but they do it from the banks. if were out there in boats we could do a much better job.

H
halibuthitman
Phil_Bud said:

Im not anyones mother... pick up your own ****... and im ****ing sick of everyone telling me to pick up after these slobs... unless its a can, and worth money then let the work release prisoners { the same kind of d-bags who litter there and smoke crack } pick it up. And im also sick of hearing about this being some kind of new thing or something done by the new generation.. my grandfather who was born in 1898 told me what a f-ing garbage pit america was before the material drives of world war 2 cleaned up this country... every river was loaded with model a's and tires.. in montana they shoved whole cars in rivers to prevent erosion.. and just dropped anything right where it broke or was no longer needed... look at any farm.. that pile of **** is typical hard working america... the calvary didn't even pick up the bodies of the indians they killed.... and by the way, these ponds are "littered" with invasive species all of you are trying to catch... so what exactly does litter look like? never mind, becouse I wouldn't even bend over to pick it up.. some d-bag will fill the spot again before I even leave... or a major off shore corporation like... ikea- pick up your own ****-

H
Hawk
I explore a lot of BLM roads & hate to see the tv's, large appliances, furniture, home trash, etc, etc, some folks dump over the roadside banks.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

They should take their trash to the LAND FILL.

T
Throbbit _Shane
halibuthitman said:
Im not anyones mother... pick up your own ****... and im ****ing sick of everyone telling me to pick up after these slobs... unless its a can, and worth money then let the work release prisoners { the same kind of d-bags who litter there and smoke crack } pick it up. And im also sick of hearing about this being some kind of new thing or something done by the new generation.. my grandfather who was born in 1898 told me what a f-ing garbage pit america was before the material drives of world war 2 cleaned up this country... every river was loaded with model a's and tires.. in montana they shoved whole cars in rivers to prevent erosion.. and just dropped anything right where it broke or was no longer needed... look at any farm.. that pile of **** is typical hard working america... the calvary didn't even pick up the bodies of the indians they killed.... and by the way, these ponds are "littered" with invasive species all of you are trying to catch... so what exactly does litter look like? never mind, becouse I wouldn't even bend over to pick it up.. some d-bag will fill the spot again before I even leave... or a major off shore corporation like... ikea- pick up your own ****-

Come on now brad... lots of kids fish these ponds. if they see us out there picking trash up maybe they'll get the idea not to litter. and maybe pick up other peoples stuff. and what does the invasive speices have to do with it? these ponds can't support anything but warm water fish. even though they are stocked with 8" trout.