Yellowstone

O
OnTheDrop
Well, after my last trip this Friday, a buddy and I are heading to Yellowstone and surrounding areas for a couple weeks of fly fishing! We have a handful of lakes and rivers we will be hitting, but if anyone has any recommendations I'm open ears.

I'll update sometime during the trip and make sure to let you guys know how much fun we are having :)

P.S. When I get back in Mid July I'm going to offer some pretty epic hike in trips with an emphasis on Chinook with a little Summer Steelhead opportunity. Feel free to inquire about those via PM.

Cheers all,:thumb:

Last edited:
B
BaldTexan
Say Hi to Napoleon on your way through Idaho! We expect a very pic heavy full report when you return. Enjoy

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Sounds like a great time! Take tons of pics, please. :thumb:

J
JeannaJigs
The Lamar river was breathtaking. Soda butte creek was amazing. We camped at pebble creek for a couple nights, lots of wildlife, heard wolves each night. Saw wolves, bison obviously (was during the rut), deer and a bear in camp. The firehole was great scenery but it's so warm I felt awful when I actually hooked a brown, it took a long time to revive. The gibbon had MASSIVE fish but I couldn't entice them. That whole place is unreal, I wish I could live in West yellowstone. The yellowstone itself is a an awesome river but it's so damn big

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

T
TimberTodd
Im looking forward to the pictures and report. Have a great and safe trip!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent, have a great trip!

E
eugene1
Make a side trip to Glacier National Park or the Flathead basin if you get a chance.

Lots of hungry fish and one of the headwaters of the Columbia.

Enjoy the road trip wherever you get to!

J
JeannaJigs
I loved glacier but damn it was so crowded and with fewer roads it was hard to get away from people, beautiful place and I'm glad I went, but I would've rather spent the full two weeks in the greater yellowstone area. I think glacier would be epic in the off season though when the tourists go home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Aervax
Aervax
Hi Big T. You are already out there. Maybe you get this mssg. Maybe you won't.

Find a quiet cove to fish on Yellowstone Lake as the water calms just before dusk. Fish size 18 black ants in the surface film. I have not been there in a few years, but then a guy could catch 18"+ wild Cutthroat continuously until dark.

Don't fall in love with any sow Grizzlies while you are up there. They play hell on your fly fishing success rate.

O
OnTheDrop
An incredible experience so far. Will have to report some pictures soon. Yellowstone Lake, Yellowstone River, Nez Perce, Firehole, Madison, Gardiner , Lamar, Slough Creek. We have taken fish out of every body of water we've fished with some insanely large fish sipping dries like nobody's business... Not too mention a 6 hour frenzy of Rainbows crushing Dragonflys on a back country lake we hiked into...

My body is sore, and I got 1,000 bug bites. No joke. If it ain't the 'squitos it's the flys...

Cheers,

Last edited:
B
BaldTexan
Sounds like a blast! Looking forward to some great pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk