Yarnball techinques

brandon4455
brandon4455
after making about 4 of these things somthing occured to me is float fishing a yarn ball going to work?

i currently have one rigged up under a float but i want to know what you the OFFer think is most effective way to present a yarn ball

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
can i have a mod move this? i put it in the wrong one...

M
Moe
you could probably just put a few split shot above it , or just drift fish the yarnie.

S
steelhead_stalkers
This might anwser your question! :D Watch the second fish in the video. Black and white UV yarn ball. ;)

[video=youtube;jWNAz-M8s0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWNAz-M8s0g[/video]

brandon4455
brandon4455
steelhead_stalkers said:
This might anwser your question! :D Watch the second fish in the video. Black and white UV yarn ball. ;)

[video=youtube;jWNAz-M8s0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWNAz-M8s0g[/video]

thanks chad that just solved the mystery :) and the second fish swallowed it whole!! thats crazy

Last edited:
M
mrlindeman
I dont know man, every time I try to tie one the come out with a seem even with only 2 wraps so I would not put faith in something I made but a well made one heck yea!!! Trout and steelhead are known to love the yarn ball. Go for it! :)

S
steelhead_stalkers
In all honesty I do not think they care how pretty a yarn ball is. ;) Steelhead are not that picky, just use good color combos and put it in front of them. :D

S
SantiamDrifter
Unlike bait, yarn is naturally buoyant. Where bait sinks to the bottom and will drag the rocks and get stuck. Yarn floats just off the bottom. It doesn’t float to the top like a puff ball would do though. So it rides along just inside the strike zone.

brandon4455
brandon4455
i noticed that it was buoyant which got e excited also.. it was so buoyant it sat ontop of the water and i basically had to drown it to make it go under water LOL