Yaquina bay/river

M
machotortillaman
Has anybody heard how the Yaquina bay/river has been for Chinook or Coho? Thanks!

N
nick@nite
I talked to the bait store today and the guy said they were fish all the way to toledo, all methods seem to work, I am taking my dad this friday, if ocean is too rough we wll fish the bay, good luck

M
Mike123
Fished it A LOT lately... Been slow lately in the bay.
In tide water coho has been decent kinda sporadic. Few chinook caught here and there.. a lot of them hatchery strays.

M
machotortillaman
Hey, thanks for the info! I'll be out next weekend....if my motor gets fixed in time. I heard that the coho quota had been met already...seems pretty fast, but I guess its only 500. I'm not sure I trust the source, so I'll check out ODFW web site to be sure. Good luck out there, and let me know how you do.

M
Mike123
machotortillaman said:
Hey, thanks for the info! I'll be out next weekend....if my motor gets fixed in time. I heard that the coho quota had been met already...seems pretty fast, but I guess its only 500. I'm not sure I trust the source, so I'll check out ODFW web site to be sure. Good luck out there, and let me know how you do.

They closed it for coho the 24th.. They had it open for quite a while, I'd say a lot more than 500 were caught.